New Plugin from Zeroqode - Video Player

Hi Levon,

I updated the plugin, refreshed the browser, but it still does not work.

can you please add plugins@zeroqode.com to your app as a collaborator?
thanks!

Thanks Levon, I did.

Please try again, we have fixed something in the plugin and deployed a new version. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you Levon,

now it works! But there is another issue: If the list that contains my videos is not fully loaded before the video player starts, not all videos play (sometimes only the first video plays) and the player throws the following exceptions:

Could you please also fix that?

We have improved the plugin by adding a state Video Not Found (Yes/No), so now in these cases it won’t show an error in console but rather return a state (which you may or may not take into action)
also we have changed the data source for the plugin and used a “custom state” to supply the list of videos. This way it works and once all the videos are uploaded they get played back
hope this helps

1 Like

Hi Levon,

thanks for all the updates of the video player. There is another little issue in the workflow section:

The event: When “VideoPlayer A Ended” is triggered when the first video of the playlist finished playing. In my app I need an event that is triggered after the entire playlist finished playing.

Would it be possible for you to add this?

Hi Nicola,
we’ve just added this, please upgrade

1 Like

Hello. The demo page in chrome devtools has an error - "Failed to execute ‘postMessage’ on ‘DOMWindow’: The target origin provided (‘https://www.youtube.com’) does not match the recipient window’s origin ('https: // zeroqode-demo-06.bubbleapps.io ') ". As I understand it, it does not affect anything, but still this is not good.
Tell me in the application, will this error also occur or not?
Thank you

Hi. I would like do you offer video playlist? something similar to youtube playlist feature? i’d like to upload videos that are stored in aws. Thank you.

Hello,
yes, playlists are supported
Thanks!

Hello there, @vasanbo.

We have analysed this, the errors occur because the Iframe is used in the plugin and Youtube’s API reaction to it, thus this error has absolutely no effect on the plugin’s operation.
You can check it by yourself via demo stand on codepen here, this occurs in the traditional(Code) development also.
The errors will not interfere with the plugin’s work.

Thanks for understanding.
BR,
Nik.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

I am using the video player in a mobile app. It’s working, but it doesn’t look great:

If you change the phone from portrait to landscape mode, the player stops. Regardless if it’s in full screen mode or not. That’s very inconvenient for a mobile app. Users expect it to keep playing.

Would it be possible for you to do the following:

1. Give an option to play the video in full screen mode right away once the user presses the play button.
  2. Keep playing the video if the phone switches from portrait to landscape mode and back (especially if the video is in full screen mode).

It would be really awesome if you could implement this!!

Thanks so much!
Nicola

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport, @levon,

could you please give me an update regarding my question? The player really doesn’t behave as one would expect in mobile. It would be great if you could look into this!

Thank you,
Nicola

Hello @nicola.kegel,

Sorry for the late response!

We analyzed the opportunity to enhance the plugin by adding features proposed by you.

First of all, thank you very much for your suggestions. We do find features proposed by you as a good possibility for enhancement. At the same time, considering our development plan these functionalities will not be integrated due to low priority. Still, we will consider your suggestion for future developments.

Thank you and we hope for your understanding!

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport ,

Is it possible to trigger a workflow when a video is completed?

Use case: want user to watch an intro video before they can continue. E.g., user watches video, at the end of video trigger workflow to have the video disappear and have a “continue” button appear.

Thanks,
Ken

Hello Kenneth, thanks for reaching out to us. There is an event that can be configured as when the video ends, to do a certain action, for example making a button visible for the next video in the current playlist, or another type of event.

On my site, the plugin doesn’t allow fullscreen anymore. Console says: www-widgetapi.js:371 Failed to execute ‘postMessage’ on ‘DOMWindow’: The target origin provided (‘https://www.youtube.com’) does not match the recipient window’s origin (‘https://platform.heartledwork.com’).

Hello, @quantumind!

Unfortunately, mentioned error is not reproducing on our side. Could you please provide us as more details, as possible?

For example OS/browser, screenshots of workflows and settings, steps to reproduce the issue so we could try and help you out better.

Thanks for understanding. :pray:
Best Regards, Julia!

There are no workflows.
• I just added the player on the screen.
• Inserted a youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FagmRqMkquU
• Didn’t change any settings
• Previewed the page
• Pressed play and then full screen

Browser: Chrome 83.0 or Safari 13.1.1