New Plugin- Fuzzy search and autocorrect, custom search boxes

Apologies for the lack of responses, I have been away from Bubble for a long while due to changing work situation. I will see what I can do about the popup issue, will try my best to make time to work on it within a week. Of course I’ll also gladly accept pull requests if anyone else has had a chance to dive into the code.

4 Likes

Love the plug in.

Is it possible to have a flag that when the search box/criteria is empty it returns all results?

OR

When the “Reset Input Search&AutoCorrect” is fired that it returns all results?

1 Like

You can do that in a condition. When results are empty change data source to regular query

2 Likes

How to use this plugin if i have my Input field in a floating group that is hidden on page load? I think the plugin is not able to Register id’s that are not visible. Is there a workaround for this?

1 Like

That works perfectly. Thank you very much.

@boostsalesgroup @richardsonjj36 Are you able to get it to work if you put the plugin element itself inside your popup / floating group?

hi, could you include other languages please

I was not able to get it to work.

works awesome, love it!

Now my issue: I have a toggle so the input is searching for users in “my connections”, if the input has info in it and I toggle it to search “all users”, I set a state that changes the data source. The search results do not update to the new data source until the input box is changed. Small UX issue. Any thoughts for me to “refresh” the results with a workflow or condition?

Thanks!

Edit: my solution right now is just to have two separate RG’s that tie to two separate search&autocorrect elements and just show/hide based on the toggle state and it is working fine.

FYI, this plugin works perfectly on a regular page; however, on any kind of reusible element, it does not work.

I have it working on reusable elements. However, it was finicky during setup. If I remember right, I disabled another plugin and it started working. Can’t remember which one though.

1 Like

I started having issues with this plugin when using it in a reusable element (a header). I deleted the reusable element and added it back again and bingo! Now it works! Hopefully this little tip will save people some time.

2 Likes

Thank you. Console returning Fuse not defined when used in REU (floating group) didn’t screenshot it, followed dserber’s advice and now it works.

1 Like

Hey, great plugin I’m relatively new to Bubble, I need help figure out how use Search & autocorrect to enable relationships between what are 2+ source tables in Bubble.

So I have Topic Post & Users I want Search & autocorrect to search both of these data Types. I can only figure out how to search one.

@dambusmedia and @richardsonjj36

I can’t get the plugin to work either. I’ve watched a tutorial several times and looked through the editor listed in first post and seems like nothing I am doing is wrong…just that the plugin is not working properly.

Any ideas of what might be the cause for this?

Uploading: Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 6.23.12 PM.png… Uploading: Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 6.23.18 PM.png…

I’ve been doing every possible thing I could think of to get it to work and it doesn’t. I also tested an app I made in the past with this plugin installed. In the past it worked, now when I test it, it no longer works.

If anybody knows a bit more about how to get this to work properly it would be greatly appreciated, especially those who have had problems with it.

I copied the groups from the editor into mine, I was able to add some data like names and it worked.

Then when I change all the data ( and yes I have been extremely thorough to make sure all data sources are set up correctly ) I no longer get results.

I’ve had luck with the same data type working with a standard search box results displaying results, but no luck when trying to use a custom results ( ie: demo 2 )

edit

Seems like the issue was surrounding the fact that I have a lot of entries in the data type I was trying to search…I believe it is currently a list of around 5,000 companies. I was seeing errors reported about page speed due to the amount of data being downloaded, but couldn’t understand why it worked fine on the search box method.

When I narrowed the search for the input and custom results method to one state the plugin is working.

Hey, yes that’s a limitation of the plugin from what I understand: it works client side. So it means it’s not advised to use it on long lists.

Perfect to perform an approximate search on up to 20-50 records, maybe up to 100 or so, but definitely not several thousands.

@Lucien Do you have any insight into why there didn’t seem to be the limitation when using the search box?

Does the search box somehow look to the database?

Also do you have any suggestion about what might be better to do, either use the plugin and limit my users ability through structuring the database or should I not use the plugin and create a search on my own using R.G. with datasource pointing to the database?

I am actually testing this out right now and utilizing the users IP address Geo Location data I can limit the searches enough to a local area that the plug in is fantastic at this moment.

I have it in a reusable header, I have two different auto searches on the page for different company types and two R.G. show the different company types and it is impressively fast.

2 Likes

The fuzzy search works a bit like :filter (i.e. you first need to load the list you want to filter on), whereas the search box on a field works as a constraint on a do a search for (server side).

I was looking for where I read about that. It’s here:

If your list is loaded and fairly short, fuzzy search works indeed extremely fast, like anything client side (e.g. states, show/hide, etc.).

You may be interested to know that a constraint ”any field contains” would constrain your search server side by looking at all text fields of your data type (not fuzzy, but at least it disregards capitalization).

Hope this helps.

1 Like