[NEW PLUGIN] Tagger

Hi, were you able to figure this out??

Hey,

Mention xorks for me. Now want to send email to people linked to this mention.

How to do it ?

Thanks

Hey @petit-ricard,
That functionality is supported by the text editor plugin in the bubble developer kit

Is the tagger plugin still functional? Extracting doesn’t seem to work past version 2 and I can’t get @mentions to work in version 2 or 3.

Hey, @gaurav, building a social media app and am wondering how to get all usernames mentioned in a post, without having to use :find & replace 50 times?

The transformlist element in BDK utilities (see here) will allow you to do such things with like zero effort :slight_smile:. Alternatively use the BDK Text editor and you get it automatically

1 Like

@gaurav @NigelG am trying to us your example here but the mention isnt working, any help

Hi @gaurav this plugging looks super fun and useful. However I see its more focus into mentions than hashtags. How can I use this hastag functionality?

Hi @juan.roberto.garzon,
It’s not supported in this plugin’s source library. Also this plugin is pretty old & no longer developed.

I suggest checking out the text editor (bdk) plugin for this and several other features.

Cheers,
Gaurav

Cool. Thank you for your response and the suggestion bro. Best wishes!

1 Like

For something that is old - it still works well - would have moved to your RTE, but I use this Tagger plugin for inputs.

1 Like

Be aware that the Tagger plugin can cause issue with some other plugins.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know, I had experienced this before on a complex social media app, which RTE solved, but my use case for this, is very very simple. Appreciate the heads up though

2 Likes

I take it back the BDK Text is a much better alternative than Tagger, its a really nice piece of kit.

I can make it look like a single line input but what would be great @gaurav and I would be happy to sponsor this, is to have it act like a single line input,

i.e on keyboard enter, it triggers just like a normal input and if we can prevent multiple line. And to save text content including tags / mentions etc

But without these I can make it work, but if you were thinking of some more improvements :wink:

Also if possible to move the mention box to the the front, it seems to disappear behind other RTE if in a repeating group, I know not your typical use case, but it would be really cool if you could please prioritise this one

mention floating behind - repeating group

I will PM you shortly

BTW last note, I noticed that it didn’t have a trigger to save to database without the need of a button, not asking you to do this too :slight_smile: but I thought I leave how I solved this in combination with using @levon’s solution - Typing Detector & Indicator Plugin | Bubble

1 Like

Can someone upload a video with steps to get the plug-in to work.

1 Like

hey i’m trying to use the tagger plugin but when i installed it all i see is “Extract” in the visual elements. can you pls help

Hi all,

I need some help with hashtags and related search. I have used the tagger plugin to extract hashtags from an input to a text box. I’m a little lost on the next step.

How can I make the hashtags clickable and lead to a search for all other topics with the same hashtag? Also if needed how can I display the hashtags as links within a given input field like in Facebook or Instagram?

Any help would be appreciated

Hi @deepak
You might wanna try @gaurav’s BDK Text Editor - from my understanding, this is more advanced.
Cheers,
Gaudenz

1 Like

Hi @gaudenz, thank you very much for your suggestion - I will check it out now!