[New Plugin] Uploader (bdk)

Hello Bubblers,

We have a new addition to the Bubble Developer Kit :smiley:

Better Uploader : A drop-n-use, powerful & highly customizable file uploader. Enable your users to upload files in a classy UX & from any source - their device, dropbox, box, google drive, instagram, url etc. Also includes ability to take picture / video from camera.

Automatically uploads the files to your uploadcare account and returns file urls (accessible via a superfast content-delivery network) for use in your bubble app. Inbuilt preview, image effects and cropping tools, international language support and much more.

Screenshot below. Demo here . Editor here .

Happy Bubbling,
Cheers,
Gaurav

7 Likes

Great again! And itā€™s responsive, thanks.

1 Like

Really great work there - clean interface and many options for image adjustments - I like :+1:

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for this plugin, itā€™s a very good initiative from your part. However, I just have some question. What do you say about ā€œhighly customizableā€ ? What we can do ? Can we change the color of the button ? Can we add some workflows ? Can we remove workflow already implemented ?

Regards.

Yacine TAZDAIT.

1 Like

Hi Yacine,
Thanks for the feedback!
You can check out the all available customization and plugin features from the demo and editor links posted earlier.

Simply open up the editor and select the uploader to view its property editor. In addition, I recommend checking out the plugin documentation at thebdk.com before making any purchase

1 Like

Plugin update: May 30, 2019

Added 1:1, 4:3, 16:9 cropping aspect ratios for images. Great for restricting uploaded images aspect ratios for applications such as profile pictures, posts etc. Simply upgrade the plugin version to use the feature.

Thanks to @richardsherman for suggesting the feature.

3 Likes

Thanks @gaurav! HUGE help for profile images!!

1 Like

So you canā€™t change the way it looks? Iā€™m showing too ugly blue buttons side by sideā€¦I would love to be able to trigger the uploader widget with my own button.

Sorry what two buttons? Can you share a screenshot?

I donā€™t know how I missed it, but itā€™s a great plug-in. Thanks

2 Likes

@creatorbee, I responded to you on your initial thread: "Upload" from Google Drive to Bubble

Hey, How do i set the groups up?
Im trying to use this for users to upload photos to their account.
I just dont understand how it works.

Iā€™m not familiar with this plug-in, but I did notice that the description says it works with the Upload Care service, so it sounds like it doesnā€™t work with Bubbleā€™s native S3 storage, if thatā€™s what youā€™re expecting.

hey @dylan.b.anderson,
the plugin is uses uploadcare account. Simply sign up to the account and put in your api key in plugins tab. You can check out the demo page and its editor setup in the ā€˜guideā€™ section of the documentation

Ive signed up and can get it to work, I show the images elsewhere on the site however im unable to create the groups to be able to view and delete the previously uploaded files.

Could you elaborate / share screenshots? not sure I understand exactly what youā€™re trying to do hereā€¦ are you referring to bubble groups?

@gauravā€¦Iā€™m a big fan of most of your plugins! One request. Would it be possible to enable using your uploader directly with storage in Bubble instead of Uploadcare? I like UploadCare, but the extra cost is a little hard to handle right now.

1 Like

Hey @josh10,
Thanks for the feedback!
Unfortunately that uploader is based off of uploadcareā€™s library and they charge even if you want to transfer your files off to your own storage from their servers too, so technically this doesnā€™t seem feasible.

Nevertheless, Iā€™ll look into potential alternatives :slight_smile:

Hey Gaurav, thanks for the awesome plugin. Iā€™ve signed up and Iā€™m just a bit worried about the total storage from Uploadcare (15GB unless you go for the very expensive plan). Iā€™m looking into connecting Uploadcare with Amazon S3, which I think might be a cheaper option. Do you know how that would work with your plugin, to be able to tell Uploadcare to copy the file to S3 and send back the S3 url?