New Video Course: Build a marketplace app like AirBnb with Bubble

@ayaspencer I would double check to see if the group or element you’re trying to edit is inside of the listing group. Even if it appears to be close, drag it inside of the red border so you can be sure (you can also double check in the elements tree). If you’re still running into trouble, feel free to send me a message in the live chat window inside the course page.

@brentsum thanks for the advice! The element wasn’t inside the listing, so I put it in there and now it works. Thanks much! Your tutorials rock!!

@ayaspencer awesome!

@Patrick88 thanks for sharing that article, it’s pretty cool to see that they quote $54,800 - $56,500 for building Airbnb. Looks like we can get there a different way and save enough money to go on a few nice vacations :wink:

is the course available on udemy ?

Nope! The course platform is actually built with Bubble. It hosts all the video content and comments and works on mobile too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, does this Airbnb clone is a full Arirbnb funtional end product? Multiple listers, buyers, communication? Etc. Also, can it be submitted to iOS and Android stores?

I paid but could not see the course! there were no courses out there in my account

Hey! When you’ve signed up for a paid plan, you can go to any course page and hit “Enroll” to get that course in your account. Try going to http://go.codefree.co/airbnb and once you’re logged in, hit the Enroll button. If you’re still having trouble, feel free to use the Live Chat on the site or email me, brent@codefree.co :slight_smile:

You can check out a copy of the app we build at http://codefreebnb.com - it supports buyers, communication, multiple listings, etc. We don’t talk much about mobile in the course, but we do have lessons in responsive design. And if you take our OnDemand course (Uber/Postmates app) we walk through the entire process of getting a Bubble app submitted to the App Store.

Thanks!

Can you monetize this? Charge for listings etc?

I am interested in taking this course. Are you still running any promo code for bubblers? Thank you

1 Like

@irongorilla0 Yep! We don’t cover it in the course, but if you wanted to you could insert a paywall on the Hosting page. To submit a listing, you’d just insert a Stripe/Braintree charge on that workflow.

@mignownow Yes, all Bubble users get 20% off for the first three months of membership. Just use the coupon code “cfsforbubble” when checking out (edit: click on the rocket icon under the Subscribe button to see the coupon area)

That sounds great. I’ve just signed up for it

1 Like

hi @brentsum have you updated the airbnb course? I see you said you were recording a new edition. Is it available now? Also I want to know if you covered apis in the course. I would be building an appointment booking platform and I already have my payment provider paystack.com this is for payments accross africa unlike stripes. Is there a module that covers how to get your app to consume apis or build plugins using apis? thank you.

I sent an email to mobzone@gmail.com - let me know if you got it!

Hey there! We cover API connections in our other courses, like the Dropbox course and Uber course for now. After our next round of course releases we will be adding some functionality to each app, but I’m not sure which APIs will make it into Airbnb.

For anyone taking the Airbnb course, there’s now a new course that pairs nicely with this one. Code-Free Booking teaches how to build a scheduling system, and it can be integrated into the Airbnb app we build in this course for different use cases.

Hi, I’m interested in your course, however, your site has zero contact info and NO info on how to terminate the monthly plan. I have issues with that. How do you terminate if you only want to try your service for one month? and why are termination options not listed on your site???
It’s a problem. Most states require for you to have, at least, this minimal info listed. Please respond.
Thanks

1 Like