FORUM COMMUNITY IDEAS SHOWCASE LEARNING CENTER

OneSignal FREE plugin for FREE and UNLIMITED Push Notifications 📱

I’m using dropsource to wrap my bubble app. Does anyone know what the js bridge would be to get the player id to populate from onesignal? The ones in this thread or in pastebin don’t seem to be working.

I was not within a wrapper. It was intended for a PWA - progressive web app (added to home screen app). Managed to make it work for desktop browser notification but not for PWA…

Hey @mattmazzega! Still no luck with finding a solution for the PWA?

Was stuck on that myself a month or two ago, and now coming back from a hiatus to try again (was planning to have an iOS download, but just stick with a PWA for android)

Hi @merav.leviten
For PWA on Android, notifications are working. With PWA on IOS, notifications are not possible…

Hi, can anyone suggest me how to send push notifications only to the specific category of the user using OneSignal?

Excellent work putting this together @mvandrei
I bet many bubblers have benefited from this post and your plugin.

The code provided for the web didn’t work for me, Although, I manged to get it to work using the below code:

OneSignal.isPushNotificationsEnabled(function(isEnabled) {
if (isEnabled) {
// user has subscribed
OneSignal.getUserId( function(userId) {
console.log('player_id of the subscribed user is : ’ + userId);
// Make a POST call to your server with the user ID
bubble_fn_1(userId)
});
}
});

I’ve been using a single “space” in the URL field so a push doesn’t load a URL at all, which has worked for the past 3 months - thanks Jameson! However, this hack has recently been causing my hybrid apps to crash if the user receives the push while the app is open.

I’m using SuperView as the web wrapper for iOS. Haven’t changed anything - same iOS devices iPhone 5 and 7, iOS 11.3 (hasn’t been updated since I’ve used the single “space” trick). Just thought I’d post this here in case others have a similar issue. Will update if I find a solution.