Open file in...choose from another app on ipad/phone

I have pdf files that I need the ability to open in another app. The action I’m trying to replicate is where I can click a link, or something, and have the ios dialogue box open showing app options to open/copy the file to.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Bump. Ding.

Crickets…

Anyone out there? I’d greatly appreciate some feedback here. Thanks.

Don’t quote me on this, but I think the iOS option box you’re referring to can’t be launched from JavaScript or HTML. Take a look on Stake Overflow or Google and see if it can be done, I’m not entirely sure though.

Hi @pork1977gm

I was hoping that wasn’t the case. I tried searching google but didn’t find anything. Then again maybe I wasn’t using the correct descriptors of the issue.

Thanks for your feedback.

You could simulate it though, quite closely with the use of floating groups pinned to the bottom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, what I’m looking for is a way to take a file, pdf in this case, that’s been uploaded to bubble and be able to open it in another app. The method used to accomplish that doesn’t matter.

Can you go into a little more detail on your idea?

Thanks!

I’m curious, but did you have any specific type of app in mind that you wanted to open the pdf file with? Or was you hoping that the available options that might appear would automatically be filtered based on the apps which “could” open pdf files?

If it’s the later, then I don’t know how that could be accomplished, not sure a site would have that type of capability to interact with any iPhone apps.

When I mentioned before about the floating groups, I was thinking more along the lines of “visually”.

I’ll be back online tomorrow so will have a look.