Phone number data type not recognized as number

I’ve run into this issue a few times and can’t figure out the problem.

In my database I have a data type called “Conference call number”. The field type is “number”, as shown below:

I am building a workflow that modifies this field with a phone number that the user saves to this field. But I get a workflow error (below) saying that this value is “a text” but should be a number. However, I have already specified that it is a number in my database.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks.

The input where your users set the value of Conference call number, what is the “type” of that input? According to the error, it looks like the input type is set to text, and that’s why Bubble doesn’t like this. Bubble is saying, “Hey, you said this is supposed to be a number, but you’re sending me a text. What’s the deal?”

Hi Andrew, I have the input type set to US Phone Number:

If I change the content format to Integer, the problem goes away in the workflow, but on the front end, the input field loses its phone number formatting.

Gotcha. I’m wondering if Bubble sees a “US Phone” as a text. If that’s the case, you’ll likely need to change your DB setup to have “Conference call number” be a text instead of a number.

3 Likes

That worked - thank you!

Thanks, good man!)