PhoneGap problem before submitting to App Store... help decode error?

Hi, I’m trying to submit my app file for iOS, following all the steps in an online tutorial (Code-Free Startup) and I got this error message, can anyone translate what I need to do?

Error - Plugin error (you probably need to remove plugin files from your app): Fetching plugin “cordova-plugin-battery-status@1.0.0” via npm Installing “cordova-plugin-battery-status” at “1.0.0” for ios Failed to install ‘cordova-plugin-battery-status’: Error: Your ios platform does not have Api.js at Object.getPlatformApiFunction (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/pgb-cordova-lib/src/cordova/util.js:489:19) at Object.getPlatformApi (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/pgb-cordova-lib/src/platforms/platforms.js:56:25) at handleInstall (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/pgb-cordova-lib/src/plugman/install.js:618:29) at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/pgb-cordova-lib/src/plugman/install.js:386:24 at _fulfilled (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/q/q.js:787:54) at self.promiseDispatch.done (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/q/q.js:816:30) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/q/q.js:749:13) at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/q/q.js:557:44 at flush (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/q/q.js:108:17) at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:95:7) Your ios platform does not have Api.js - You can fix this here

https://build.phonegap.com/apps/

Please help… I’m so close to launching to the App Store! Totally lost right now.
@NigelG @fayewatson @emmanuel @brentsum @pm2120600

hello,
I think I had the same problem. Phonegap was telling me that there was a more advanced version of phonegap and that I could upgrade it to the cli-6.4.0 version by replacing the value I had by “cli-6.4.0” here (in the config.xml file):
preference name=“phonegape-version” value=“cli-6.4.0”

It worked for me, hope it will for you too

1 Like

Not my domain I am afraid, but good luck in finding a solution.

1 Like

The phonegap setup on that tutorial doesn’t work currently. Search the forums for more info as there have been a few threads. Most people have gone down different routes to get their app on app store.

1 Like

Hi, thank you! Updating the XML to value=“cli-6.5.0” helped move the process up.

Now I’m dealing with this error issue:
“Error - The following 3rd-party plugin is causing the build to fail and may need to be updated to a newer version: cordova-plugin-inappbrowser”

There’s no link – I’m going to search other threads too. Any clue what to do?

hum no sorry, I am not an expert at all in this kind of things, just got luck.
Hope you will find a solution

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll keep searching until I get lucky too.

@brentsum Any help please?

Cross-posted: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9787849#9787849

Update: I started just deleting the plugins one-by-one. After 5 frustrating trial and error things, I decided it wasn’t going to let me through until everything was deleted, so I deleted all the plugin lines. Success. It gave me a .ipa. Not sure where this leads to now, but at least I have something to submit.

Check:
https://build.phonegap.com/plugins
Core Plugins

I edited the version numbers in config.xml.