Possible To Limit Decimal Points to 2?

Is there a way that i can limit the numbers after the decimal points to 2 instead of having a bunch of trailing numbers?

Yes, use the formatted option after a text in the dropdown.

Is there any way to format the decimal limits to two on an input field in a “decimal” or “integer” format? Also when the input format is “percentage”?

Also when trying to format the numbers thousands it´s just showing “space” and “comma” but no “period”. Can you make it available?

Thanks.

1 Like

“Integer” shouldn’t have any decimal places at all, that kinda defeats the purpose of specifying something as an integer.

You´re right @potentialthings,

What about the others?

Is there any way to format the decimal limits to two on an input field in a “decimal” format? when the input format is “percentage”?

Also when trying to format the numbers thousands it´s just showing “space” and “comma” but no “period”. Can you make it available?

Thanks.

I need a “.” for thousand separator too.

1 Like

@emmanuel, could you give us any update about when is it going to be available the “.” for thousands separator?

Thanks.

1 Like

It’s not close on the roadmap unfortunately.

At least this year?

Depending on users’ request. I haven’t seen much of a ‘.’ for thousand separation though.

Well we are two by now but really interested, hehe.

Hope there are more interested.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi, I am trying to enter an amount figure in a Decimal field, using an Input control.

I could use the Currency type but I don’t want the currency symbol to appear. It looks like the “blank” choice cannot be selected.

In my country the amount 12.34 is written 12,34 with a comma as the decimal separator.

Similarly, the amount would be formatted using a period as the thousands separator, like in 1.234,56 for onethousand-twohundreds-thirty-four point fifty-six

Where should I go in order to allow this behaviour. At this point the app is totally useless because the devices will provide a numeric keypad with ‘,’ instead of ‘.’ as the decimal separator.

Kind Regards
Mario

Use “:formatted as” after the number.

Hi Scott,
I’m sorry but I can’t find “:formatted as” in the Input properties. Could you please help?
Appreciate this is a newbie situation :slight_smile:
Thanks!
Mario

Did you figure out how to use “.” for thousands?
My application will be useless if I cannot use “.” instead of “,”.

Nope. Best guess would be to allow text input and use formatted text as the user leaves the field. Never tried though. I still believe it’s a big limitation

Yes, it is.

If I can’t work around this limitation, my project is dead.

Hey folks…

Is there any way to make the number of decimal points always two on an autobound number? With autobinding, the “:formatted as” option isn’t available!

Antony.

Did you figure out the answer to this question @antony?

The only thing I can think of is to have a workflow on input change that rounds the number to 2 decimal places.