Pretty URLs with Dynamic Links - mydomain.com/dynamiclink - Solution from Zeroqode

We have modified the script a bit, and added one more exception in the rules (the page that you are redirecting to) - see both updated in the original post. Strangely, yesterday after updating, it wouldn’t work but when I tried today it was all up and running. Maybe there was a cache or something.
Please give it a try
Thanks!

i’m afraid it still doesn’t work, we’ll play with it some more and I’ll update if we find something

Ok cool thx again! Tried some settings as well but it’s no data or no redirect :see_no_evil:

Hola @levon, did you had any progress? :slight_smile:

Hey Dave,
i’m afraid to make a fast conclusion but seems like it works :slight_smile: we’ve updated the snippet (see the original post - i’ve updated it there as well).
Hope it works for you as well!

2 Likes

Let’s hope so! Will take a look and let you know :slight_smile: THX!

1 Like

You did it! It works perfect (I think) Thanks again for all the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make sure btw if you use Google Search Console to also exclude https://domain.com/sitemap.xml*

great catch, Dave, thanks!

1 Like

maybe robots.txt as well?

1 Like

Yes I think so :slight_smile:

Any idea how to handle the social share card (thumbnail + text) because when people share their link they share domain.com/name instead of domain.com/id/name

I think Bubble has only one thumbnail per app, so regardless of the shared page that thumbnail will be picked by the social network, right?

Can you not set your meta tags per page to include open graph and twitter cards?

1 Like

aah ok I thought it could be done here:

1 Like

not sure if this would be possible …

1 Like

Requirements: Bubble paid plan
Problem: You can’t get rid of the og:url Bubble injects. May not be a problem if Bubble interprets your URL correctly with all the Cloudflare worker thingy going on.
Partial solution: You could potentially delete the first og:url meta tag with JS
Problem: A lot of crawlers(like FB one) don’t execute js code.

1 Like

Thanks Jon I think it partly works check:

The url is good because it’s the /i/ page. Only it gives 2 images and shows the default one when I test it on Twitter cards. This is also true for the other tags.

So I think it’s not possible to have a different Twitter card per page?

I just found out if you use twitter:card tags you can change a few things that are shown, but can’t use any dynamic data other than the url path.

Wow that’s quite limited. I didn’t event try the dynamic expression composer because I was assuming it was the usual one restricted to returning text.

Maybe send an email to support to ask them to enhance this. Specifically removing all the default meta tags like the image one.

@neerja

1 Like

Thanks @levon

Is ‘Id’ supposed to remain in the url after redirect? When I make the preview on cloudflare it does not show /id in the url.

@eddy I see your website modifies the url after possibly?

enter.bio/dave -> enter.bio/i/dave->enter.bio/dave