Prevent user from zooming has disappeared?

Hi Bubblers,

In the Settings>General tab, there used to be an option to ‘Prevent User from Zooming’. It is no longer there.

Anyone know what happened and how to get it back? I really don’t want users to be able to zoom.

Thanks!

1 Like

We deprecated that since it looks like Apple does not support disabling zoom in Safari anymore.

Any work around about this ? it’s quite important for me to prevent zooming especially in mobile webapp…:frowning:

2 Likes

And all the non-Apple users in the world?

1 Like

This can be done in any wrapper or service (cordova builds, gonative, etc.). Plenty of articles on stackoverflow on modifying via Xcode. Did anyone try that route?

Hey, I have the same issue. Did you figure out a workaround?

Hi John,

No, not really. Just set my page size to 370 and that’s as close as I can get. Really annoying that they did that.

1 Like

I am using two things to avoid letting the user zoom in:

1. Do not set any font size less than 18
  2. On the Page HTML Header section of the mobile page I have the following code:

<meta name="viewport" content="viewport-fit=cover, width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no">

So far, even on iOS 12, my application is not “zoomable”. This also works on Android using Chrome as browser.

1 Like

Hi. Use copilot’s wrapper (@copilot) with their mobile deployment services and set your input fonts to at least 16 font. You’ll have have a native feeling mobile app that will not zoom in.