PRINT PRO - Now Available! - Updated

Just tried paying for the plugin, not sure how it processes and it doesn’t really tell me if action was successful. Clicked on PAY 3 times. Hope it will not tripple charge. How does it charge, is it linked directly to my account somehow?

Im guessing its because bubble is still having issues. they had something going on last night. i will check the console right away and see if you have been charged. give me a sec.

ok, well the good news is you have been charged but the bad news is it looks like bubble may still be having issues. I am just going to quickly remove and re add the stripe plugin and we will see if that helps. i will let you know once its done. sorry about that!

Ok, great thanks

Ok give it a shot now, you will see a success message as a green message at the top of the screen and also an email if successful. both of those actions are programmed to only happen if the amount charged exceeds 0 so at least if bubble are still having issues there is no need to worry. Thank for your support!

OK, just tried again and no success. Will give it a shot a bit later in the day. Thanks

1 Like

im emailing support now. thanks!

@jarrad any progress on this? Love the ambitious “tool suite” goal, but would you consider an interim quick iteration in the meantime? I’m only looking for 2 features right now:

1. Save & Upload PDF: I need to generate the report using Print (Advanced) from Template, then simply upload/store the resulting PDF in a file field on a Thing in Bubble. This one’s a blocker, can’t go live with beta w/o this capability.

2. Merge PDFs: My users are clinicians who log individual session reports in the app, then at the end of the month they need to merge all individual report files for a date range (eg sessions conducted in November for student A) into a single PDF to submit and get paid. So, an action in the Plugin to supply an ordered list of file id’s that outputs a merged PDF in the order specified. Maybe leveraging an API service like CloudConvert? This one’s important, but can come a bit later (users can always merge the PDFs themselves in Acrobat, or just submit multiple report files to the payroll agency).

If you could add #1 at a minimum, I can at least unblock the beta. Thanks a million!

I’d even be happy to pay for an additional PDF Pro or Office Tools Beta separate premium plugin as long as it works well w/ the PrintPro output.

1 Like

I am working through this as im going to make sure the next 2 print plugins that come out will not kick us to the curb. Im against the external idea, simply because of delay, external cost to users (the better options have costs involved) and more to the point i refuse to have an external service stop my clients apps from working in the event they close shop, go bust or any other reason. If your particular case is coming to a crunch point i will discuss a quick stable method to get you out of trouble but i fully intend on this plugin being one of a couple that will continue to become a platform in itself on bubble rather than a feature.

Just quickly though, in the same way you save a row in for the invoice you could save the whole html at any time.the only real difference is the client gets both a save as pdf and a print option if you did that not just a download. that would then be both save/download but include print or just preview it without any off the sites page.i am just pointing it out though we will have this done the right way believe me.

Got it. Will DM you.

How would I save the whole HTML? Throw an HTML element on the page, paste in the template HTML with to ensure CSS is there, hide it somehow, then what? Is there a Bubble action to save contents of HTML element to a db record? Or are you suggesting get someone to help write javascript document.write () function to somehow trigger the save?

Here is one possible way to handle this:

1. Create a THING called “Templates” which has fields “Template Name”, “HTML”, and “CSS”. All will be text fields.

2. Create a drop-down to select the template that you would like to edit. Create a button that will make a new record for “Templates”, and name it “Create New Template”.

3. In the HTML editor (I am hoping to figure out how to use TinyMCE or GrapeJS, but the “Rich Text Editor” plugin should work) bring in the HTML and CSS code as dynamic data (respectively).

4. Create a “Save Template” button that saves the HTML and CSS in the template fields “HTML” and “CSS” from the editor to the record of the template (existing or new) that you have selected in the drop-down or create as new.

If I knew how to make a plug-in, I would do it myself, but I’m not a programmer, just a guy with a lot of ideas. I think that there might be a way to do this without a plug-in, so I will try, and if I have any success, I’ll update this post.

1 Like

I definitely think that this is going to work, but I need to add a few items to handle images, etc. You only need one field to save the HTML and CSS, but you will need to upload images and then use their URL to insert them. They could be saved as a field for the specific template, but it is probably better practice to keep them somewhere more global, so that you can reuse any image for any template. After I dial this in, I’ll work on the printing with PRINT PRO, but that should be the easy part.

Stay tuned!!!

I am about to release the update in a day or so, So far what we have is:

A new element, for embedding PDF’s - The has print, save and even orientate pages. this will become more relevant as i continue to build on what we have.

pp

I have overhauled the print element model. the way it works is you drop the invisible print pro toolkit down on your page, then you can use the element actions to do what you could before EXCEPT,

the print element is now based on include elements - not exclude, this means you can put a comma separated list of elements to be printed. the new print element also prints canvas elements.

The template print features are still there, except the point of this element on the page business means we now have the ability to make a template once, then print it and also grab the html output and save it as a thing. then its there for reprint, display in the html element, iframe, new window and many more options.

it makes a reprint look as simple as this:

from db

A new feature of this model is the Invoice Builder. with specifically non-coders in mind. as promised i will give you a platform for your own templates but until then i will put the normal one up and open a block for the css so you could technically make it anything you want anyway.

Prints now look sharper using this new model,

I have also nearly finished another element that is for displaying saved print-pro “things” on a web page.

Also a function to make a template and save it to the database on the fly.

Wow, this is all great stuff. It is going to take me some time to get my head around all of this and put together my app. Wish I didn’t have a day job. lol

In regards to the editor, I made it work with the rich text editor, but it sure would be nice to have it bundled into a plugin somehow. For now, I am going to work on making it a reusable element in the form of a group.

another option for you is to save the whole <html></html> template to the database but in the text use key words… so say where a customers name needs to go make a key like %cusName% then you could just add find and replace operators to the end of it as you use it.

Yes, yes, yes!!! This is precisely what I have been in search of. I wish I knew how to help you, but I’ll tell you, the price of your plug-in is absurdly low for what you are about to deliver (probably not supposed to say that here). I would gladly make a contribution if there is a way, and it will help you finish all of these things.

1 Like

@jarrad any way to test the new version pre-launch? would like to try and set up my workflow to align with new print element model in advance so I’m ready to go live when v2 is available.

Ok, I have pushed the update for you too try, guys ONLY UPDATE IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH THE VERSION YOUR USING NOW!! the update is not fully tested and is due to demand only!

1 Like

Will give it a whirl if this update includes Save PDF to Bubble DB and merge PDFs stored in db. Will of course log any issues to help w/ your testing. Thanks @jarrad!!