Problem Currency Converter Plugin by Bubble Cloud Lab

Hey Guys,

I am having a pretty stupid problem with the in theory pretty nice currency conversion plugin by Bubble Cloud Lab @cho.

I cannot find it on Mashape and thus are unable to retrieve API keys for it and use it. On the documentation there is no link at all (except to the website of theirs, which doesnt contain the plugin either).

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks a lot!

Just released an update.
Try the updated version it should work just fine.

Hey,

thanks for the quick reply. The problem is not that I cant get to run it, but to FIND the api key…

Could you please point me into the right direction here?

Thanks!
Jan

You don’t need the API key - simply update the plugin and you’ll be able to make calls.

@cho

Thanks a lot for the plugin. Awesome work! I notice some currencies do not work (specifically I’m trying to convert AED).

Is it possible to add missing currencies, or do you have a list of which currencies are supported?

hi @cho

Are there any issues with this plugin at the moment? I’m getting temporary bug errors on workflows that contain this plugin and the debugger comes up with the following error:

Temporary error connecting to Currency Converter - API Call (raw message: {“message”:“Ops, an error occurred (╯°□°)╯”})

And also:

Error parsing data from Currency Converter:
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$return in /home/currency/domains/currencyconverter.kund.nu/public_html/api/index.php on line 62

Warning: First parameter must either be an object or the name of an existing class in /home/currency/domains/currencyconverter.kund.nu/public_html/api/index.php on line 62
{“from”:“USD”,“to”:“EUR”,“from_amount”:800,“to_amount”:null,“error”:“CURRENCY_NOT_SUPPORTED”}

It looks the currencies are not supported, althought this definitely worked earlier this week. I’ll look into this further.

See plugin code takes me to editor and gives an error:

Something wrong with the plugin?

Indeed the plugin seems broken, but I cannot access the plugin code in the editor to look for any clues.

In the meantime I reverted to @AliFarahat’s currency converter plugin but had to subscribe to CurrencyLayer for $9.99 a month for the conversion part to work.

Since I needed a quick fix, thanks so much Ali for having this available.

Goes to show that it can be tricky to rely on a plugin too heavily.

Note to self: Setup own currency conversion api (probably using money.js or something) asap :slight_smile:

Had a look at the plugin code and I think there is an issue with the key that was used for he plugin. However, it is very easy to add to your own APi connector using: https://market.mashape.com/warting/currency-converter

1 Like

Hey @vincent56, could you explain a little bit more on how you fixed getting the different currencies? :slight_smile: tried a few ways but no luck so far…