Problem loading data into drop downs and log-in problems?

Okay, login should be working again. If you / your users try logging in again, it should get them back in now. Logging in again should now also resolve the “please log in to access this data” messages.

As far as reports about data discrepancies / losing app data, if you or your users were in a bad log in state because of this bug, changes that you or they made (either to your application, or to your app data) may not have actually been saved. If that happened, there’s no way to recover those changes. However, that should only affect changes made in the last 8 hours while in this buggy state.

Very sorry about this, guys. Will post a full postmortem later today, but the short version is that last night I was investigating some questions about user performance, I deployed an additional metric to get a deeper look into something, and while I was doing that I accidentally deployed some additional code related to how Bubble saves cookies that hadn’t been fully tested yet. Will update on process improvements we’re planning to make to prevent issues like this in the future.

3 Likes

Does this mean all users should ideally log out and back in?

They only need to if they are seeing data not get saved (if they refresh the page, is their data still there?) or encountering errors loading data. If things are working normally, they’re fine. but yes, if they still have issues, they should log in and out.

Thanks for feedback @josh, for some users like me and @hkfaduio this was bad timing as we are going live with new users/costumers and they got a wrong first impression on our service.

The problem we’ve seen lately is about users saving data and that data being there on a refresh. Only a force refresh, recaching, will reveal that the items actually weren’t saved (and were not seen by other users to begin with).

So log in and out would be advisable?

Yes, in that case, definitely log in and log back out

Hey @diego1, sorry to hear that :frowning: It’s never a good time for Bubble to have issues, unfortunately. Hopefully you’re able to correct that impression and keep the business.

Hi. I’ve also had issues wiht first time customers.
Please if anything like this (problems with login in) happens again you should send and email to us.
Or at least have an option to let you know if we want you to notify us about it.
I’m using adwords to atract more customers and this was really bad for the first users to experience and a waste of money for me.

Yes, we will definitely do it. It would be nice to think for some kind of early alert for us when some issue arise, so we would be able to notify our users/customers opportunely or take any other relevant actions.

@sosmandavid and @diego1, yes, that’s a great point. Our plan for this is to enable you to subscribe (via SMS or email) to http://status.bubble.is. We haven’t enabled that yet, because we’re still doing some work on our automated alerting systems, but we will likely turn this on probably sometime in the next week.

2 Likes

I’ve updated our status page with a postmortem on the incident: http://status.bubble.is/incidents/6q7h9f6rgbyk

Again, extremely sorry for the disruption: we know how much you all rely on Bubble being available.

2 Likes

Thanks @josh the postmortem page is very helpful and helps alleviate concerns.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.