Uphunt - Upvoting like Product Hunt - New Template from Zeroqode

producthunt
Hey Bubblers,
We have just published a cool template which replicates most of Product Hunt’s main functionality.
Users can upload products, vote for other products, comment and reply on the product page, and also create collections of products. This template is fully responsive and comes with an admin page to manage the product submissions.

here is the live preview https://producthuntclone.bubbleapps.io/
Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Zeroqode Blocks

Bubble Plugins

Bubble Courses

Convert Web to iOS & Android

No-code Development Services

1 Like

pretty cool! Thanks for continuing to push the envelope and creating more content and useful tools for Bubblers.

1 Like

Thank you for the good words, Alonso, we’ll keep it up! :slight_smile:
Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Zeroqode Blocks

Bubble Plugins

Bubble Courses

Congrats for the work and the design! It’s really well executed! I like this redesigned PH logo…

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Nice:grinning:

Thanks! by the way this web-site was built on Product Hunt Clone template:

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Hi, this is great work but I am missing the essential, in my opinion, functionality of being able to follow another user. Any chance of adding it?

We didn’t think that feature was critical, so we didn’t include it.
But we can surely add it if you’d be ready to sponsor that…

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you elaborate on what you mean by sponsoring?

What i mean is that we can give you an estimate how much would it cost. And if you agree to cover that we will enable that for the template. It’s called sponsoring because all further template buyers would benefit from that too.

Hello Again. Can you give me a price for that?

I bought the template and I have 2 problems.

I followed the tutorial step by step but no matter how many times I try, “Spots” (In my case “Cars”) does not show

From the template tutorial of zerocode about the template about product hunt copy

Courses > UpHunt Template Tutorial

Also, user is set to admin but:

Hi @joey.bertschler,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please follow this guidance here https://docs.zeroqode.com/templates/uphunt-upvoting-like-product-hunt-template and make sure everything is configured properly, especially the Admin part as it includes important steps to follow, in order to make dashboard features available. Currently, it is using a blocker for security purposes. You just have to follow the steps as per docs, then give it a try again.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Bubble just sent me a refund for the monthly plan I had paid for though I still not know how I managed to get it to self destruct

now trying the zeroqode instructions, will edit-update the comment

got to say, bubble does have a steep learning code if you don’t have any epxerience with data bases and logic-based “programming”

edit1: @ZeroqodeSupport I think you guys should re-do the tutorial or “course” video
sometimes the mouse literally disappears for 2 seconds and the window changes leaving me confused as to how the instructor navigated to the part (alt+tab at times too)

and other times you see the workflow screen from the instructor with about 14 boxes while your yet-to-be-edited template has about 30

like it’s great the template got improved and updated, but if the tutorial isn’t updated alongside, you get lost and confused hardd

Hi @joey.bertschler,

Thanks for feedback. We’ve taken it into account for future improvements of our courses. Meanwhile, please try to follow documentation instructions and give it a try again, as currently it is the best resource for setting up our templates. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

yet

I went through both the video and written tutorial

I must be missing something
It’s not tragic since I can still edit everything from the data base, but I would like to fix this

edit:
trying to find the part where the promoted top 3 “featured products” were edited
cant find it
no time stamps or other orientation in the video aside from the main things like “create a product”
other important things are like side mentions and hard to catch unless you go through the entire tutorial multiple times :confused:

edit: was searching at the end of the video because that’s where products are edited
it’s actually at 7:30

Hi @joey.bertschler,

Thanks for feedback. You actually have to set the Usertype field as admin, because it has a tailored logic with a condition that you can check in your dashboard page here:

And for other Admin features as well.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Seems fine on my end, what is wrong?

new issue (or not?)
I’ve set up the domain/dns/key but the preview page looks way different than the current - does it simply take time or something? I did “deploy current version to live”

in bubble/ desired:

on domain/ right now/actual: