Purpose of file uploader

What is the purpose of the file uploader? Can you actually have the user upload a file for frequency statistics? What I want to do is have the user upload a file that I will analyze behind the scenes. I would imagine the file would go somewhere and the workflow trigger certain actions. But As I read the threads here, I get the impression that the upload is not fluid.

Amy

Bubble’s file uploader works in a fairly similar fashion to how a file uploader component works on other platforms.

When a file is uploaded, it is being stored on Bubble’s storage (the same place as your application, on Amazon’s web services). Once that happens, a unique URL is generated, which you can use for accessing the file.

Once a file is uploaded, you can use that to trigger any related events you want to. (Ex. send an email to another user that a file was added; update a record to show that a file has been added, etc).

In the case that you want to parse out the data (ie. you have a list of events you want to upload), then that uses an additional action in your workflow called Upload Data as CSV.

CSV is a special, machine readable version of spreadsheets, that separates all of the values using comas. It can be generated by using the Save as CSV option in Excel.

2 Likes

Is there some event that can trigger a workflow when a file is uploaded? I can’t find anything on the file uploader control that seems like it would allow the user to run a workflow in response to a file being uploaded.

See the GIF below. “When FileUploader’s value is changed” is the type of workflow you want to use.

visualdictionary%20_%20Bubble%20Editor%20(2)

3 Likes