Quick question on how API's work etc with Bubble

Hey all, I have a quick question that I’m sure someone here may be able to help me with. I’m thinking of exploring integrations for my App, but wanted to clarify one key thing.

1.) Is it possible to allow my “Bubble App Users” to integrate/authenticate with their own accounts?

Example: What if I wanted my customer to be able to post form their own account into their own Slack Room. Is this doable? OR are these simple to integrate our app (as the developer) into these 3rd party services?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Sounds like what you’re looking for are APIs with services that offer OAuth 2 as the authentication method, which essentially means users give your app permission to do stuff in their account for the service on their behalf - for example, post a Facebook message to their profile.

Bubble refers to these API connections as “social logins” in the workflows, i.e. signup/login with a social network, and there are a handful of those plugins already available. If there’s a service that offers an API with OAuth 2, then you should also be able to integrate with the API Connector (select OAuth as the authentication method).

Hope this helps.

Gaby | Coaching Bubble

1 Like

This is helpful. So it’s two steps then. 1.) For Authentication and 2) For Integrating with the API.

Also, for these “Social Login” Plugins are these how users would have to Login to my Bubble App OR can they be used just to “connect/authenticate” their account with that platform?

Dennis

Also, for more context: The Apps I’d like to integrate with (and how they could work) at some point are:

• Slack: Posting Updates from my App to a Channel
  • Trello: Reading Card Titles and Creating Card inside Trello
  • GitHub: Reading Issues and Creating Issues inside GitHub

Dennis