Random number string biased towards odd numbers?

I’m noticing a strange pattern with the following random number generator implementation:

Bubble%20Random

Here are the results of several generations:

There aren’t any even numbers in the results… why is this? Not critical, but it doesn’t seem totally random if it’s the same 5 numbers used in different combinations.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Funny topic!

I’d say it was a randomly occurring fluke, unless you can repeat the same results again several times?

Here’s some with the same calculation, I went to 2000 and didn’t see any patterns:

Summary

Hmm, this has been running the same workflow for months and I still haven’t seen any even numbers… strange. I’ll try recreating the workflow?

I had this problem too. Never resolved it, just stopped using this functionality.

I noticed a similar pattern when generating random numbers. Ultimately I gave up trying to figure out why Bubble was returning the same groups of numbers over and over again and implemented a pretty simple API Connector data source with a free random.org account/API key:

When retrieving a random number using this call in the editor, you can swap out the ‘min’ and ‘max’ values with dynamic values, or hard code them in the Body parameters and mark them as private.

2 Likes

Thanks @philip!