RANT - pricing model sucks

Sorry, but gating performance and functionality in an effort to get me to pay more $ is lame, to say the least. If you want to price by tier, just set features available at each level, like 95% of other tools do.

I have a developer working on my app, but I’m using a personal version to build out additional elements as a prototype. I’m not about to pay twice for an app I’ll only use for a month. I’m having to rethink using Bubble as the pricing model may well be prohibitive.

Okay, rant over.

I couldn’t disagree more. Bubble is cheap at current prices. Custom development is 10x more expensive and that’s typically the only viable alternative.

What features are you using that are not available in the free version?

“Swings and roundabouts” for the new pricing model.

On the plus side, you can protect your “hobby” apps now, whereas a small read-only app used to count towards your total.

On the down side, it is not great where you have one collaborator across multiple apps. It makes it almost impossible to run multiple projects in the early stages with another. Unless having one Pro app means you can share your others with that collaborator ?