Rebrandly API Plugin Issue

Hi all, @romanmg

I am trying to use the Rebrandly plugin to create a short URL. Whenever the user passes a URL to the plugin, I get an API error response from Rebrandly (API keys and setup is fine), using the free tier of Rebrandly and am not passing any ‘notes’ to the api, just a URL. The plugin parameters don’t even accept notes.

Their dev team isn’t sure what it is, any ideas? The error code is below:

Thanks for the help!

Reece

I haven’t looked at the docs and you probabaly are already be doing this, but try to encode the url when you pass it in the API. It may do the trick

1 Like

Could you elaborate on that please? Thanks

When you select the url, use the formatted as option and choose URL encode

1 Like

Hey @help!

If you’re referring to the Create branded URLs with Rebrandly plugin, give us a shout at plugins@cobubble.com. The error may be tied to parameter format, we’re happy to take a look. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sending it over to you thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried using URL encoding with and without the replace space checkbox ticked. Response was invalid format

Certainly a bit odd. Looks like description is being passed anyway, but no idea what it in there !

Maybe easier to just do the call natively. That works.

1 Like

Thanks Nigel, I might have to play around with it natively then! I’ll see what @romanmg and the team come back with

Hi @help, I know it’s been a few days, but just wanted to make sure you were reaching out to the right plugin developer (@copilot) for this. Best to reach out to their plugin email to get in touch (plugins@cobubble.com).

Wanted to clarify that CoBubble and I are separate developers :slight_smile:

@romanmg We did hear from @help. Thanks for clarifying as always. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks and apologies for the mistake

Hey @help,

Just a heads-up that we pushed Version 2.0 of the Rebrandly plugin. It seems like the structure of the API was slightly-altered causing validation issues against Rebrandly’s checks. With the action now being singular and server-side, you should be able to more reliably shorten URLs without issues.

In the event that you do still run into issues, let us know at plugins@cobubble.com. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks thats great! Thanks for letting me know

Hi,

I just installed rebrandly plugin, enter api key. I do not see anything when doing “get data from external API” : how do I get the shorten url ?

thanks

That plug-in probably defines the calls as actions rather than data. You’ll find them in workflow actions in that case.

ok thank you Keith. I went for API call so I have better control.

It’s an easy one to get started with, for sure. One of the first things that got me going with the API Connector.