Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Repeating Group - Conditional Layout Styles

I’m pretty sure this has already been requested as a feature idea, but this would be awesome to have access to the ‘Layout style’ and child options in the conditional when statements…

One day…Cheers

3 Likes

As those are not dynamic values, what would be the benefit or use case?

Use case would be purely for display purposes but for instance using a data type like ‘Messages’ you could initially set the Layout style to ‘Full list’ and then set a condition ‘When messages count > 10’ change the layout to vertical scrolling layout, it would create a tidier interface reducing the height (if collapse is enabled) and removing the scrollbar. It could then even work in conjunction to enable with pagination once the count is over x value.
With that said I could see a flaw with regards to not being able to change the ‘Height’ value within the condition as usually changing the ‘Rows’ would therefore require changes to the ‘Height’.

Ok I misunderstood you there, I thought you wanted to use them only in the “when…” statement as condition and not change the actual value based on a condition - which indeed could be useful. :slight_smile:

Ah I see what you mean.
With the conditional statement it could also offer more control when changing the ‘Data source’ of a repeating group or even allow between viewing the full results of a RG or having a ‘Load more’ all in one RG condition…

I’m also interested by this feature. Did anyone find a workaround for their “show more” button when displaying a list ?

Same here I’m looking at a workaround