Repeating Group Overlaps Text - Why does this happen?

Why does this happen? Once the page refreshes it goes back to normal. Sometimes just turning the phone on the side fixes it too. Anyone else have this problem?

1 Like

Just looks like responsive formatting issues. Use the responsive view to see what’s going on (sort of) with your elements at narrow screen widths.

It can take some iteration between looking at that view and checking on your actual device to fully figure out.

Basically, one thing is getting smushed on top of some other thing when viewed narrow.

As far as why it does not happen on page load, but appears later (if I’m getting your question), something happening on-page is causing this one thing to appear overlapping in the thing below it).

Impossible to debug w/o access to editor.

So basically when I add something to the repeating group it squishes everything until I rotate the screen and rotate back or if I refresh the screen.

The responsiveness looks fine. It’s only after I add something to the list. This happens on my iPhone. Not sure if it happens elsewhere or not. @emmanuel do you think this is a bug? Should I report it?

Also, it doesn’t seem to replicate in the test mode. Possibly only in the live mode.

This has happened 3-4 times recently while viewing on web with a repeating group that’s set to vertical scrolling.

I haven’t found a way to reliability reproduce the issue, but I know it happens when the repeating group’s list is updated but the total lines associated with a text element varies. If I can reliably reproduce it, I’ll join you in reporting it as a bug.

I’d encourage you to re-title this post to make it more discoverable in case others encounter the same issue.

1 Like

Thanks. Just renamed the post.

It’s weird. It happens consistently in my live version. Just not in my test version. Which is annoying. Maybe I can just send them a video so they can see it happen.

Videos definitely help. And if you’ve identified a specific, repeatable thing that triggers the issue that definitely makes a big difference.

Fairly surprised to hear it’s only in your live version and not test.

As well, have you tried running in safe mode? If so, does the issue still arise?

Here is the video of it. It won’t let me post that big of a file so I had to post it on you tube.

It happens every time in live mode. Not in test mode.

Going out on a limb - do you have any content that’s made visible/not visible based on a custom state (ie. preview the first 50 characters, then having a “More” button that expands the post)? I’m wondering if when you add the new block of text if that may be what’s throwing things off.

I have a group that shows and hides if there is an answer to the post. Not sure if that’s what is throwing it off.

May be worth quick experiment to make the group’s visibility static (visible on page load) and seeing if the behavior persists. Likely not the case, but a quick test would rule it out if you’re up for it.

@J805 I have a very similar error in my app where elements in a vertical scroll rg are overlapping. I submitted a bug report a little over a week ago, and Bubble confirmed it’s a bug. I think it may be worth it if you submit a report as well since my overlapping issue happens infrequently and was tricky to reproduce (similar to @dan1’s issue mentioned above) when loading certain lists in vertical-scroll repeating groups, and yours happens consistently when adding an entry to a list. It may be helpful for them to have a report for both cases.

1 Like

Hey guys, we’ve seen a few reports about this lately – I think this is pretty recent and probably an issue on our end, not with your app. We’re looking into it, though it might be a couple days before we can track it down.

6 Likes

Thanks @josh! I’ve seen this kind of behavior a bunch recently as well.

Ok. Thanks! Much appreciated.

So glad I searched instead of just starting a new post. Good to see ya’ll are aware of this issue as it happens on both my PC desktop and Apple phone.

1 Like

Hi there, Josh,

Any update on this?

Thanks!
Jen

This ought to be solved now.

If something’s still broken, please let me know!

1 Like

Thank you! Looks like it is working now. :sweat_smile: Phew

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.