Reusable floating group won't change width

Hi bubble community,

Need some guidance on how I can adjust the width of a reusable floating group. When I have a reusable group, the responsive behavior is working as expected (all elements shrink/widen as prescribed in the settings) however, as soon as I change the type of reusable element to floating group, the width of the group remains static.

I know there are several threads around floating group issues. In general, when they aren’t reusable, I’ve worked out all the settings I wanted with floating groups but I haven’t seen any threads on this particular error regarding reusable floating groups.

My end goal is to create a responsive header that I can reuse across multiple pages. The reason I’m trying to do it as a reusable element is I’ve noticed that pages unlink when I copy the header on its own into a new page.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Alina

No, I removed the check from the “fixed width” so it should be “flexible”…

• Alina

May or may not be the issue, but something to keep in mind.:

A reusable element has some overlapping settings between the template (the master version of the reusable element) and the various instances of it in your application. While you may define some settings on the master version, it doesn’t carry those fully to the various instances across your application.

Take a look at the reusable element on the page(s) where it exists within the responsive view. Double check that the responsive settings are as you expect.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply! After confirming that all the elements everywhere had “fixed width” unchecked and still experiencing the issue, I tried to rebuild the header into a brand new reusable element, then set it to floating group and now it is working as it should.

I had originally built a floating group on the page as a temp header then tried to convert it to reusable and this is when it was not changing width. I think that is where the issue occurred, as I am now able to make the header do what I need it to no problem.

• Alina
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.