Save Base64 encoded file to Bubble

Hey everyone,

I have an API Workflow that returns a Base64 encoded audio file which I want to save to Bubble.

I can’t seem to find a way of decrypting the base64 down to a MP3 and saving it as part of a workflow, there are a few plugins but seem to be client side only.

Bubble seems to support encrypting to Base64 nativly but I’m a bit stuck for decrypting… if anyone has an idea of a solution would be great!

Thanks, James.

1 Like

I’m attempting to write a new plugin to do this, I’ll release it back to the community if I can get it working.

I’m currently trying to get the following working as a server side action to decrypt the base64 string and return a file but it’s not working.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I might be doing wrong? :slight_smile:

function(properties, context) {
    return { 
        output: Buffer.from(properties.inputText.replace('data:audio/mp3; codecs=opus;base64,', ''), 'base64') 
    };
}
1 Like

Hi @jamesdevonport,

I think that @lottemint.md Sergey can give you an help on that, as I will need it in the future also. In my case “application Octet/Stream” for a wav file didn’t work too.

2 Likes

Hello @jamesdevonport,
As I understood, you are trying to save a file.

Take a look at the following link, please:

You need to send that content to an API workflow that is waiting for a file:

6 Likes

@JohnMark @lottemint.md Thanks both for the help on this, looks promising! I’ll have another go based on this and let you know how I get on :+1:

3 Likes

@JohnMark @lottemint.md Thanks so much, followed these steps and it works perfectly! No need for a plugin now I can do it all through API Workflows :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi
It could explain how to set up the entire flow in Bubble.

I have a similar problem. I’m trying to get email attachments via the gmail API.

I cannot convert and save attachments received as a base64 string.

I tried to follow the previous information, but I couldn’t get it to work.

Thanks

I cannot seem to replicate this functionality. I have an API returning a base64 image. I can’t seem to get Bubble to accept it. Does anyone have any more in-depth instructions on how to use an API workflow to accomplish this?

@jamesdevonport @JohnMark @lottemint.md

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong here?

Called by API Connector:

Initialize gives this error:

1 Like

Look at my plugin https://bubble.io/plugin/screenshot-generator-1610471760948x573297415344619500 and then the api menu. It makes uploading very easy using base64

Thanks! Question about the endpoint you are calling: [WebsiteHomeUrl]fileupload
Is that built in or is that an API backend workflow you’ve created?

When I try this, I get this error upon initialization:

"There was an issue setting up your call.

Raw response for the API
Status code 400
{“statusCode”:400,“body”:{“status”:“INVALID_DATA”,“message”:“Invalid data for key contents: not a valid url or object”}}

I must have the API endpoint configured incorrectly… The “content” key is set as “image” currently.

Ok, wow. Instead of my own API endpoint, I tried it out at the website_home_url/fileupload and hello built-in undocumented feature!

Thanks for pointing it out!

1 Like

If you add private & attach_to parameters, you can upload private files.

1 Like

Hey @jaredg - can you explain how to make the call?
Im trying to do the same thing but not super familiar with API endpoints.

1 Like

@jaredg can you explain how you got it working? I’m not following this thread easily. Thanks in advance.

Use the API Connector plugin and connect to your own app URL. There’s a built in endpoint at [YOUR APP URL]/fileupload
Here’s what I did:

11 Likes

Wauw thanks this is a perfect solution! :smiley:

1 Like

So smart. I really need to upload Base64 files and you saved my day.
many thanks @jaredg

1 Like

Hi Jaredg,

I spent several days trying to solve this problem. And I still can’t find a solution for it.

It looks like you got what I need. I understood how you are sending the file. Can you please show a screenshot of what your final endpoint (to which you send this file) is doing?

If the content type is set as “buffer,” will this still work?