Saving text inputs in a repeating group

Hello fellow bubblers!

I hope I am not asking a stupid question, but for the life of me, I can not figure out what the heck to do to solve my problem…

So, here is the setup of my app:

A user can sign in, and submit an application directly through the system. An admin can login and change the application questions from the built in admin panel, without the need of doing any changing in the bubble editor.

So here is what I have so far:

• Ability to edit questions, re order them, etc… All of it works.
  • You can now view the application page and view all the questions the admin has set, and answer them. However, this is in a repeating group.

I am struggling with creating a Submit Application button as silly as it sounds. All the text inputs are in a repeating group, and the way I had planned on storing the Application was by having 3 fields inside an “Application” data section. The 3 fields where Question (List of Questions), Answer (List of text), and Status (Static text). The idea was if I add the Question and Answer to the respective lists at the same time, they would be at the same index and be able to pull that later.

However, I can’t figure it out. What do you all think?

Here are pictures of my set up:

@draked123 - I am still drinking coffee, so bear with.

How about if you use a Button>Success that says “save” then in workflows “create new thing”, etc…

And then also use a Button>Info that says “Edit” and then in workflows “make changes to”… etc…

Or only have one choice, use one button and not the other.

Would that work for ya?

Okay… back to coffee. :coffee:

Hmm…

So you’re thinking to have a save button in each individual application tile? Let me show you a picture of the website, so you know what I am trying to accomplish:

Note: It checks the question type, if it is a short answer or long answer, and shows/hides based on that.

1 Like

There may be a better way of doing this, my first thought was what I described. I am sure someone else has a better solution and hopefully they will chime in.