Scheduling App: Trying to Display Date Range as a List of Clickable Options

Hi,

I’m working on a scheduling app to help our agents manage their real estate appointments. Similar to Calendly, but more tailored to our needs as property managers.

INPUT:
Agent logs into his account and provides multiple availability windows using the time/date picker plugin. For every availability window, here is the information collected: user, date range, start date/time, end date/time.

OUTPUT:
I would like to display the output as a list of possible appointment times, by increments of 15 minutes. Every possible appointment time would be “clickable” by the prospect who has access to the agent’s calendar.

PROBLEM
I’m not sure how to use a RG to display a given date/time range in increments of 15 mins. Does Bubble have any feature that could help me accomplish that?

ALTERNATIVES CONSIDERED
-I’ve read many posts on this forum talk about Timekit.io’s API but their basic plan starts at $145 per month.
-I guess Full Calendar could work but again, you would need to display an appointment option every 15 mins. I’m not sure how to break a date range down into increments of 15 mins.

Any help, suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I looked through the group by function and it only lets you do by day or month.

I would recommend creating a database of times from for a full 24 hours in 15 minute segments.
Then use a repeating group to say list contains start time to end time?

I think that might work

Thanks for your feedback Ryley!

I thought about that also! It’s a pretty good idea but I guess I was looking for a more “elegant” solution. I think I’ll give it a shot and see where it leads. Thanks so much!

Hi Ryley,

I spent an entire day trying the idea discussed yesterday, without success. I’m not sure if the database of times should be text, date or date range. When I try date, then the field forces me to enter dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm xm. So the time can’t just be 05:30 pm for instance. There has to be a date associated to it, and that’s a problem if I try to use the “contain” feature subsequently because the dates won’t be the same.

Would you mind doing a quick example with screenshot/link, if it’s not too much to ask?

Thanks so much for your time.

Max

@maximvallee I too am in lookout for the same … well what is your requirement if your could explain… time increment is possible …

I’m not sure what you mean. I’m trying to accomplish what I stated in my first post. In other words, the idea is to display an agent’s availability (ie, from 9 am to 5 pm on Mondays) as a list of 15-min appointments (ie, (9:00 am, 9:15, 9:30, 9:45,… 4:45 pm). These appointments must remain within the availability window.

Well check my app I have done it hourly… had to create a separate data … working days / schedule and using the custom state filtered the hourly slot

you may find it under the schedule tab by choosing the date … hope it will help you… for this, I almost got wondering for couple of weeks… and possibly what i could achieve…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ixG-PwTcUcTqPc4z4VcfYpD0ru2meNhk/view?usp=sharing

https://okbuddy.bubbleapps.io/version-test/nsr?debug_mode=true

Awesome, thanks! Yes, it seems very similar to what I’m trying to accomplish. I’ll look into it and keep you posted. Thanks so much!

Great! Well don’t forget to tick solved :white_check_mark:

Yep, I’ll click when I solve my issue. Thanks!

Bubble editor link is not accessible:(

Hi there Max,

I think this is what your trying to achieve.

I can sell and install a copy of the algorithm, if that interests you.

Thanks,
Jonathon
Founder of
Let’s Manage Group
19:01 Widgets

1 Like

Sorry was not using bubble for sometime

I will reset the app to public… please go through

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.