Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Screenshotlayer

Good Morning Everyone,

How would I go about using the Screenshotlayer api? I have signed up and put the API key in. However I cannot see how to set a workflow to take a picture of the webpage? What am I missing?

@Bradluffy did you ever manage to find the answer? ive got both pagelr and screenshotlayer and I cannot find any workflow option to initiate these?

Hey @Bradluffy , you can use https://html2canvas.hertzen.com/ to implement this.

I made an example in:

Bubbling this up. Has anyone figured this out?

need this too. cant find how to use it

this is too complex for many of us here. :grinning:

Does this help?

The data type for your webscreen field should be ‘Image’.

Jess

Thank you :hugs:

Interesting… When saving the resulting screenshot… I would have assumed that I could apply the same rationale as if I were uploading a file and utilise the workflow “delete the uploaded file” but it seems that the resulting image which is saved to my storage is set and subsequently and I’m unable to delete it.

Is anyone aware of an alternate process whereby resulting image file can be deleted… Not that these individual screenshots are terribly large but seem to be generating a number which need updating quite regularly and subsequently my storage is gradually creeping upward

pls how do i set the image format for this to jpg? i had seen it somewhere before but now i dont know where?

Hey. There is a file format dropdown in your ‘processed with Imgix’ options.
That might work (untested) even though it’s not the screenshotlayer format parameter which also supports gif.

Hi there @cowontherun, sorry to bother you months after you posted this but I am using this plugin for the first time and don’t see where these windows show up. I am in the workflows and I don’t anything pertaining to Screenshotlayer, nor do I see anything in the design view to add something there.

Do I also need another plugin to go with this one?

Gosh it’s been a long time and I don’t have this project anymore.

I think completely from memory that you might go to Settings > API > Tick ‘This app exposes a Workflow API’ then go to the Page drop down very top left of your Bubble dashboard and select the new option at the bottom that now shows which is ‘API Workflows’.

Then click ‘Create a new API Endpoint’ in your API Workflow dashboard and you might see a Screenshot layer option… or not, I could be talking out of my ass. Let me know if that helps…

Then after you set up the Screenshot Layer and have a field in the database of type image you can save a screenshot into that image field in the database when you create a new thing as per the screenshots in this thread.

Jess