Self Hosting Server Solutions

Is Self-Hosting still not an option? If so, that’s too bad. Due to strict privacy laws, hospitals in Canada prefer self-hosting solutions, and especially, never a US-hosted solution. Besides the many healthcare organizations I work with, I also do work for a billion dollar international company, and they also refuse to host anything external (always in-house, in their own data centers around the world, for security reasons, among other things). I work for them on full-time-contract basis (for many years now), and my work flow would be to build locally and deploy within their own environments. If not done already, you guys should really make a self-hosting option for developers on contract, or it’s just more business loss for you. I see no reason you couldn’t have a SaaS solution for the editor and release the server as a free open-source solution developers can set up on their own.

1 Like

Can bubble team allow for geographic locations of AWS ? Or add on premise as an option

That’s still not self hosting. Self hosting is when you’re responsible for the hardware. the data, the server itself and pretty much everything else. I canceled a project I worked on for 2 months on Bubble because the organization I did it for refused to implement it as confidential information will have to be shared with a third party (in this case, Bubble)

Yep, it’s a valid concern. There’s not a way to do this today, and I’m not sure it’s coming on the roadmap anytime soon, if ever. In those cases, the simple answer is Bubble isn’t a viable option. Sucks for us as Bubble devs, but it’s good to know up front.

2 Likes

If I use a MySQL connector does that allow bubble apps to use an external database without losing any design functionality? (That is, will bubble create types and fields, etc, on it)

Upvote this, also looking to set location to APAC region to reduce latency.

1 Like

I’m also interested in utilising my own server; if this isn’t an option then Bubble isn’t an option.

Has there been any progress here?

This is a Serious concern. Switching platforms until they address this. Thais the print folks, difficult to scale when dealing with hundreds of user who require GB’s of storage each.

If you’re looking for storage for your users I recommend searching the plugin store for “aws”

As for having your own hardware etc… not exactly available rn

1 Like