Send RG data to Text Input with Button Click

I have a repeating group in a Pop-Up pulling data from YouTube API. I have a icon button in the RG that I would like to send Current Cell’s youtube video link to an input. What is the best way to go about this? I tried creating a custom state, but it doesn’t seem to send anything. Screenshots below-

Can Anyone help me with this?

Hi raymondgregorymusic,

One way to do this is by making the Group wrapping your Add/Edit Song form the same data type that’s in your data grid, and then setting the Group song when the plus icon in your popup gets clicked.

Step-by-step instructions might look like:

1. Set the Type of Content for your group:

2. Set the Input Initial content to the correct field on the parent group thing:

3. In the workflow for your popup icon click, set your action to “Element Actions” > “Display Data”:

Now your form will display the info from the selected song.

One note - you will need to make changes to your app to make sure you are correctly creating and/or editing your data items (based on the parent group). The technique described is only addressing getting the data onto the form, not storing it.

Hope that helps!

-Jon

Yes, but if you decide to clear that input field, then the initial content placeholder will no longer work, until the page is refreshed. There needs to be a way to send text to an input, without it needing to rely on Initial content.

1 Like