✉ Sendinblue SMTP A free alternative to Sendgrid mails by Reduble.com

Hello! Im trying to send an email with parameters using Template A. I tried using %param% and {{param}} and it is not working. Please, i need a help.

@ZeroqodeSupport @levon

I’ve installed your plugin and I’m trying to send a template using dynamic values.
I am able to send SMTP Mail and I am able to send a template with no dynamic data.
But when I try to send a template with single or multiple dynamic values, no emails
are being sent.

I’m following the instructions from the original post, but all the links in the guide post are broken, so I’m unable to see how it’s supposed to be set up and if/where I’m missing something. Would it be possible to get an updated guide with working image links?

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport @levon

From the looks of it, @cesarmejiapositivo had a similar issue a few months back.

Any guidance?

@ZeroqodeSupport @levon

Hi, please see below. I’m using the %USER% example in the first post. Again, all the image
links are broken so I can’t see if this is the way it’s supposed to be set up.

Set up in API Workflow

What is received in the email. (from inbox, not screen grab of template)

Is it possible that the POST call has changed as someone mentioned in this thread and it is no longer possible to send information to sendinblue, and the plugin needs to be updated accordingly?

I have very little experience with APIs and how they work. So I’m just guessing here.

@ZeroqodeSupport

Hello thanks for reaching us! The thing is when you have to input data you have to click Insert Dynamic Data, because %USER% isn’t considered a variable in this context image
Best regards, Vitalie.

Thank you Vitalie,

It just started working. I read up on how API works and set one up for myself and got that working. I then went back to the plugin and used template B instead. Now it works just fine. I must have been missing a “:” or something over and over again :slight_smile:

Hi, Please, Could you explain the process with Sendinblue ?

@ZeroqodeSupport @levon

Hi, I’m trying to use template B to send a template with dynamic data and I’m having problems with getting it to read that data.

This is how the text is entered into the template:
Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 9.29.59 AM

and then the plugin tried to access it with the “templateattribute”:“Ourappattribute” syntax. Since the template link in the information is dead, could you please guide me through the syntax I need in the template?

I asked the same back in Feb, I don’t understand why @ZeroqodeSupport can’t just update the images in this thread? Come on guys, save us all the headache :wink:

For Template B
In Bubble, (body) Attribute should be
“NAME”:“DynamicValue”,“HEIGHT”:“DynamicValue”

In your sendinblue template you call them by writing %NAME% and %HEIGHT% in the email template.

Remember for template B, you MUST put at least 2 attributes into the bubble (Body) Attribute field, or it won’t send anything. You must also separate the attributes with ,

Hope that helps. This plugin does work, I’m using all three templates but the documentation just isn’t there.

1 Like

Also, this is not correct.

Instead, for Template A.
(body) Attribute_nam Can (should) be a static value like NAME (but without %%)
(body) Dynamic_attrib Will be the dynamic value

And you would call it the same way in sendinblue as with Template B. %NAME%

And remember Template A can ONLY hold one attribute, if you try to add more nothing will be sent.

This is all based on reading up on the API and trial and error since there’s no complete documentation, so there might be other ways of course, but this works. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey thanks a lot for the response, are you aware if they have a cap on the number of parameters on template B as well?

No problem!
Good question. I haven’t tested to max it out. But I’m currently using 6 attributes (I think) in one email without any issues.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport!

I am having an issue with showing a conditional in the email template based on a attribute I send to Sendinblue from backend workflow.

I have setup an example below:

• I have two attributes I want to show in my email, Title 1 and Title 2.
  • I set up a conditional on Title 2 to be shown only when it is not empty (in the email template)
  • I have set up values of “Hello” and “Hello2” for these two attributes in the workflow, so they both should be populated in the email (since they are not empty)
  • However, when the workflow is executed, only the first item is visible in the email (Title 1)

Not sure what the issue is, because the same conditional works in another email that is triggered from a page, and not via backend workflow.

Hello, @armen.a.karapetyan. Thanks for reaching out.

As I can see from your Template B action, your attribute field is set up correctly. The Sendinblue side (template/ values setup) is correct also. The reason why the 2nd value is not populating in the email is not obvious, unfortunately.

Have you tried to remove the condition? What was the result?

Perhaps, the root cause is in the condition executing. Can you please show where you have set this condition?

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

@zeroqode

The conditional is set up in the email template in Sendinblue. On a content section (TITLE2) there is a checkbox “Conditional display” ( see 2nd screenshot above). This is where I specified the visibility of that section.

@armen.a.karapetyan,

Okay, got it, thanks. If you are setting the conditionals on the Sendinblue side, you should follow their syntactic rules and make sure the condition you’re setting is correct.

For example, if you change the Not empty to Empty here, you will receive the Text in the email, inserted to the %Title2% variable.

As long the plugin works well at it is, we presume it is not the plugin’s issue. Please check also the Sendinblue documentation regarding the Conditional display based on a transactional parameter:

Hope it helps :pray:
Regards,
Zeroqode Team

thanks @ZeroqodeSupport! Will check with them. The reason I thought it might be related to plugin is that I have used the same conditional on another email, and the conditional works fine. However that email is triggered from a page via button, and not backend workflow.

Thanks again,
Armen

1 Like

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport, thanks for your plugin. It’s working perfectly :+1:I just have a question for dynamic images.

Sendinblue told me to put a parameters here (URL) :

But I don’t really understand which type of attribute I have to put in the workflow :

Thanks for your help,
Thomas

Is there anyone who know a solution ?

Many thanks :slightly_smiling_face: