Sending data from drag and drop group to repeating group

Hello everyone!

I’m new to Bubble so this might be a rookie mistake. I’m having issues trying to send data from a drag and drop group that is inside a repeating group to another repeating group by dragging it to a drop area.
For example: I have a list of type ‘cars’ in a repeating group with the names displayed in drag/drop groups. Then, I have another repeating group over to the side with the type ‘My Cars’ where the cars the user has selected are displayed. When a user drags a car from the ‘car’ repeating group over to the drop area, I would like it to create a thing of type ‘My Cars’ with the same name, make, model, ect. of the car that was dragged so it can then be displayed in the ‘my cars’ repeating group.

I’ve been working on this for days, so any help or tips at all would be greatly appreciated! If you need any more clarification, feel free to reply with your questions.

Thank you all!

I think you are running into the fact that once outside an RG you don’t have access to things inside that RG. That is one of the places where custom states come into their own. You could set a custom state at either page level, or on your first RG, and when the item is dragged, populate the custom state with the car details. If the custom state is set to be a list then you simply add each dragged item to the list. I’m not sure how your populating your RGs, whether with Do a Search from DB or lists but there will be a way to store what you need. I suspect you need to have your workflow store the Unique ID of the Type of cars that is dropped in a custom state, and then have your second RG refreshed by adding that item to its list. I don’t have enough to go on with the info above but I believe the solution lies along the lines suggested.

I encountered a similar problem a while back. The key to resolving it for me was realising that when you trigger a custom workflow by dragging an item from a RG, this implicitly sets the workflow thing to the item you’re dragging. Perhaps you can use this to find a solution to your issue. This is discussed some more here - http://forum.bubble.io/t/a-little-drag-and-drop-fun/29262/10

Thanks so much you guys! I’ll try your suggestions out and see how they go.