SEO example: dynamic google structured data markup for blogs/etc

Hi guys.

With Bubble’s new SEO features, I started working on ways to optimize my new site. I used the Google Structured Data Tool and put some ‘article’ markup in the header of my blog pages, filling in variables from the page’s thing. Has anyone tried this yet? Any good results? Google has been picking up the tags, even with dynamic data.

Try testing this link in the tool yourself.

Here’s an example of the meta:

4 Likes

Thanks… how did you create the Structured Data in bubble?

Hi @james.durham

I am using this too. I have a food site explaining how to cook vegetarian recipes - Your Veg Recipe, built on bubble. Since there is a Google Structured markup for a Recipe, I tried using that by adding a script in the page header. It took some time initially for Google to pick-up the schema and understand the content, but now I have over 200 Recipe cards for that recipe data. Some of those even rank on the first page for certain keywords. If you check out and open any Recipe and look for the html on that page, you will find the structured data.

@collegefund.me:
On the page where you would like to add structured data, include the google recommended script in the correct format.
Header_Script

It is slightly difficult to format and enter the data currently in the editor, but doable. You can also test the page with Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool to verify.

If anyone need help with that, please let me know.

7 Likes

I recently implemented this as well. Unfortunately my data doesn’t fit in one of the predefined types for rich cards, so I had to pull a “close enough” type from schema.org (I used the type ‘Creative Work’). I’m still working through some bugs (not all my pages are getting picked up as having structured data), but I do have some interesting early results. What follows is roughly 3 weeks of data collected after implementing structured data.

Impressions:
Even though I don’t have a type that useable by rich cards, I’ve seen an uptick in impressions since implementation. This is a chart of my impressions when my business’ name is filtered out of the search results (people who search for that already know about us, so I excluded those searches). You can see the clear uptick roughly a third of the way through. That is literally the day after I pushed the structured data to the live version.

Position:
Along with the uptick in impressions, I’m also seeing an uptick in position (by quite a lot, I might add). When filtering search results by ‘Search Appearance’ → ‘rich result’, I saw a decrease in position (that is, they moved up in the search result stack). All search result positions (excluding those searches that specifically name the business, which are all #1) average out to a position of 36.9 (not good). Search results for ‘rich results’ (those pages that have structured data) are sitting at an average position of 21.7 (still not good, but better). These include several pages that regularly rank in the top 5 due to the fact that they are user-generated (users input everything: title, keywords, description, etc) and, basically by luck, they use the exact same language as the search terms. Still working on a way to ‘manufacture’ that luck…

1 Like

Some great tips here. I’ve just implemented structured data today too. Google has recommended using their indexing API rather than submitting sitemaps. Has anybody else done this by any chance?

@paritosh.mehta19

Are there some useful links you’d recommend reading through to get a better understanding of how this would work and be applied to different sites with different types of content?

I’d like to try and understand a bit more before reaching out directly for help.

My concern is around finding the information on how to create the scripts for all types of data I may have on my pages.

Any other sites besides

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/intro-structured-data

that you would recommend or some more tips about your experience using this approach on bubble pages.

Cheers

The above link should be a good starting point. I have followed the same and implemented it.

With regard to the details for different types of data that are supported by Rich Cards, see below.

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/search-gallery

I think just following the Google Docs should be enough to implement them.

2 Likes

That link is great. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the above insights.

I am wondering how to optimize my SEO scanning from Google as I discovered that Google is not fully reading my page while loading.
Indeed, when testing my product loading from the Google Console, it only scan with the pop-up and not the content of the page behind :

Does anyone know if there is a way to structure the HTML script in order to help google to bypass the pop-up and directly read the content ?

Many thanks !!

Is this still the best way to do snippets?

1 Like

SEO Toolkit Plugin | Bubble could add (only) 4 types of structured data.

I haven’t used any plugins. This is done directly in the Head section on the Bubble Page.

2 Likes

Hi Paritosh! I’m struggling with this same issue. I’m trying to include a Review Rating snippet on my website. The code is as follows:

Schema.org recognizes it, but the Google Rich Results test does not.

Today, I got the following error messages from Google Search Console.

Any idea what could be going on? Is my code wrong? Or is not recognizing the Bubble values?

Hi @kamesh

Just saw this question now. I would check on which page is this error reported and whether that is a valid page with the data being returned on that page? Alternately, if you would like to DM me a link to it, I can double check this for you.

Based on the error, I think Google hasn’t started the validation of the schema results just yet. Maybe once it actually crawls the page, this should be updated. When was this change published and how old is your site?

Please submit a bug report to Bubble. It is essential they hear from every user this bug is affecting. It has been 10 days since I submitted a bug report ( Bug report #119644 ) about this and the issue has not been even started to get investigated by Engineering.

This is a post of mine on the Google Forum looking for why I was having the same issue. It is not a google issue or the structured data issue. It is a Bubble BUG.

2 Likes

+1 on this issue … ¿any updates on its resolution?

Just implemented structured data markup for Reviews and even though Schema.org is picking it up, Google Rich Results test does not (if I paste the code in the tool instead of the entire URL it picks it up without a problem, so it seems to be correctly formatted…).

(It picks up the “logos” structured data which is implemented site-wide in the Header section from Settings, but not the one entered in the page-specific HTML)

The URL in which I have implemented these Rich Snippets is not yet crawled by Google, so wondering whether that may have something to do with this …