Setting dynamic choice for dropdown

Hey - I’m trying to build a simple app for a friend that runs a drum studio. The app texts students and asks if they’re practiced every day and logs the data.

When a student signs up, they need to select who their teacher is.

Users are comprised of both teachers and students.

If someone signs up as a student, I need to create a drop down then allows them to select their teacher. However, I’m running into an issue in that I can select the proper “choice sources”.

Here’s the current selection

The edit link is here: practicebuddy | Bubble Editor

Any idea what I’m missing?

I can’t seem to configure the “choice sources” in a way that it will display a list of the names of all of the teacher.

The dynamic text needs to show the Names of all users that are “type = teacher”

1 Like

In Choices Source, just use the “Search for Users” with the constraint of “Type = Teacher” that you already set. Then, in “Option Caption,” that’s where you’d specify to use the Name field.

Choices Source is looking for a list of choices. The way you’ve built your expression, you are just providing the first item in a list, not the list itself.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks. That fixed it.

I knew it must have been something simple. For some reason the term “option caption” didn’t make me think it would do that.

1 Like

Hello

Is there a way to pull data just as text from the database?

I have a list of university students and each student has inputted the university they went to.

I want to have a drop-down that pulls a list of the all the universities in the database so when a university is selected in the dropdown, this would trigger a repeating group to just show students from that university?

The repeating group would search for students and have a constraint saying each users “university” must contain the value selected in the drop down?

Thanks,

Ben