Should I add a button to the repeating group?

I’m sorry if this is a very basic question, but I’d really appreciate some help. I have a ‘job creation’ page, and after a job is saved it appears on a ‘dashboard’ page as a repeating group list, listed alphabetically. I’m looking to add a button so that when I click that cell on the repeating group, the data for that ‘job’ is shown in another group on the same page. The best example I have found (excuse the low resolution but I think the concept is clear) is below:

Should this be added in the repeating group? Or do I put an element in the ‘showcase’ group to pull the data through?

As you can probably tell I don’t have much technical experience but if anyone could help or point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Ed

1 Like

The “details” element should be outside of the repeating group and have the same data type as the rg(so in your case probalby “job”).

On button click, you can use the display data action on the details element to display the current cells data in it.

Brilliant, thanks very much for your help!

Great design you’ve got there!

BTW, didn’t get a chance to share this earlier: This question (“how do I select an item in a repeating group and then do something with it?” in general terms) is an FAQ, so I made this video exploring this topic:

This is not an exhaustive overview and shows just a few of the things one might do (and, really, only one way of doing them), but you might find it illuminating. Also, leaving this here as more folks need to find this video before asking this question.

Somehow, this seems difficult to find, even though I’ve spammed it everywhere.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.