[Showcase] The Messaging Template & The Responsive Base Template by Littlebay

I bought it :P, Cheers

1 Like

Thank you so much, Dylan! :slight_smile: Please donā€™t hesitate to email me with any questions as you go through the setup guide and documentation!

1 Like

I love the template! Amazing job!

Do you think would be possible to add the template as new App and connect to my current bubble application via API?

I was wondering if I could add a chat icon on my app and when they click it goes to a separate app just for the chat (like Facebook and Messenger)

Thank you!
Caio

Aaaandā€¦ hereā€™s why we canā€™t have nice things.

@caioprezia Thank you so much, Caio!! :smiley: I greatly appreciate it! :sparkles:

Thatā€™s a great question ā€“ I probably wouldnā€™t recommend having two apps, but it is possible to allow Users to login to a second Bubble app, using their credentials from the main app. This way, they wouldnā€™t have to re-signup for the second app.

Once the App Connector plugin is setup between your main app and the second app, Bubble will allow you to use the ā€œSignup/Login with a social networkā€ action in place of the templateā€™s default signup/login actions:

(After selecting that action and configuring the App Connector plugin with your main app, Bubble will allow you to select the main app from the ā€œOAuth providerā€ dropdown)

As long as the Current User is currently logged into your main app, Bubble will signup or login the User to that account in the second app. After the signup action, you would then also need to ā€˜importā€™ the Current Userā€™s name and profile picture so theyā€™re shown in the second app on the messaging page :slight_smile: (hereā€™s an example):

With that said, these applications would be completely separate, and if you were to ever need to write/retrieve data from the template app into the main app in the future, that would require significant changes to the templateā€™s setup. In the future, I hope itā€™s easier to ā€˜combineā€™ an existing app with a template app so you wonā€™t need to do this, but this is probably as close as it can be at the moment. I hope that helps, but please let me know if I can clarify anything or if you have any other questions! :slight_smile:

wow, Thank you so much for your detailed reply @fayewatson !

I think Iā€™m going to try that. I hope it works :slight_smile:

I will just finish some adjustments on my app to prepare for the integration.

Again, thank you!

1 Like

@caioprezia No problem at all, Caio! :smiley: Feel free to send me a PM or email if you need any help setting up the App Connector plugin between the apps - glad to provide more detail there!

1 Like

@fayewatson Since is this such a fantastic template (well designed, commented, documented, etc) I am sure there is a roadmap of new, pages, ui elements, states, workflows, etc, planned. What is your timeline and roadmap for the future with this template?

1 Like

@carlos1 Thank you so much, Carlos! :slight_smile: I greatly appreciate it! Yes, I have started on other templates which utilize the messaging functionality, though I donā€™t have a specific timeline for when they will be released. I probably wonā€™t be making any significant changes to the UI/base aspects of each template, and will mainly focus on creating more templates that have functionality which wouldnā€™t need to change very much from app to app. (e.g., a forum, CRM base, marketplace.). Essentially, any type of template that makes it relatively easy for Bubblers to ā€˜build on top ofā€™ without needing to adjust a lot of the existing workflows. Iā€™m definitely open to suggestions, though! Is there any specific functionality you are looking for?

1 Like

@fayewatson
Hypothesis: Having a template, that mimics Wordpressā€™ ā€œOne Click Installā€ will increase your sales. For example, the first thing that everybody can do when they start a project is to start blogging about it. While they are blogging, they are building an audience, and working on the core functionality of their app.

If your template has a blog page and admin page, then anybody can buy your app and write their first blog post in the first day. i.e. ā€œOne Click Installā€.

Why is this important?
Every product has a core metric that increases the use of their product. For example, a social network may determine that when users add at least 10 friends they will login a second time. So the designers will build features to optimize the user to add at least 10 friends.

For you, that metric or realization may be ā€œIf potential buyers know they can be in ā€˜businessā€™ (with a blog) the same day of purchasing more people will buy the template, because of a higher conversion rateā€.

Pages that I would add to this Messaging template:

A blog page
A blog admin page
A sales funnel/click funnel, with multiple email triggers)
A dashboard/admin page with analytics

Minor UX improvements:

Date Input Field: A date picker that allows earlier start date to be easily inputted. i.e. If start date is multiple years before current date (e.g. 1970) canā€™t quickly pick 1970 as date.

This is a great template with what looks like great documentation.

Feel Free to DM anytime, if you need private user feedback, etc. Happy to help.

1 Like

@carlos1 Wow! Thank you so much for the thoughtful and useful feedback, Carlos! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this! When first planning out the templates, I went back-and-forth a little bit on adding blogging functionality, just because I wasnā€™t sure if Bubblers would prefer to use something like Medium (under their own domain, similar to how Bubble does it now) and link to that blog from their app, or have everything within their Bubble app. It definitely makes sense to look into more, considering there are also a number of Bubblers who use Bubble for their blog, and because Medium removed the option to host a blog under a custom domain. Iā€™ll explore this a little further (as well as a better datepicker option) and definitely reach out with any questions! Thank you again so much for your help, Carlos! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have purchased the ā€˜Messaging Templateā€™ today and @fayewatson did an incredible job! Wonderful job on the template and documentation. Thank you!

2 Likes

@caioprezia Thank you so much, Caio! :relaxed: I really appreciate it, and Iā€™m so glad to hear the template will be useful for your app! Please let me know if you have any questions at all!

2 Likes

Hello @fayewatson

Other members of the community have left nothing to say :smile: Great job. How to work video chat? I couldnā€™t find it in the documents. Is it using a paid plugin? Can you give me some information?

2 Likes

Hey @eren! Thank you so much! :relaxed: The video chat uses a free, WebRTC for P2P conferences product called ā€œHello 3.0ā€ using an iframe (no plugin or signup needed). Once the template detects that there are two or more people in a specific Conversation that would like to video chat (i.e., the ā€œvideo chatting Usersā€ field :count is greater than or equal to 2 for any Conversation), then the iframe is shown which connects the Users and begins the video chat. Once the video chat starts, the Users have the option to turn on their microphone, webcam and/or screenshare.

Hello 3.0 allows anyone to create a video chat room by adding a unique id to create the chat room; so the template automatically creates this chat room using the unique ID of the Conversation combined with the names of the Users in the Conversation. Currently the template file wonā€™t allow you to test the video chat functionality (since you canā€™t re-login to the templateā€™s demo account in multiple browsers), but if you would like to test it, feel free to let me know and I can definitely PM you a link to a copy of the template that will allow you to create two different accounts and test in two different browsers at a time.

Here is more information on Hello 3.0 as well:

And if you have any other questions at all about the video chat or the template itself, please donā€™t hesitate to let me know! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good morning @fayewatson

I just wanted to know if it was a bonus or an extra cost.

Bonus :hugs:

Good days!

1 Like

@fayewatson This is rad!

I was just about to ask a support question that you likely can shed light on.

I have an activity feed in a part of my product that a user can post an update on the progress of a goal. Right now I have it so they can post an update that looks a lot like a 1 way chat conversation that pulls from a data type of text. Iā€™d love to be able display photos, text or whatever in that message bubble, but Iā€™m having a hard time figuring out how I would even start this.

Any insights???

1 Like

Ah! Thank you so much for your kind words, @zachary.dorsch! :slight_smile: Thatā€™s so awesome that you are building an activity feed to update the progress of a goal! Itā€™s definitely possible to build with Bubble, and I believe there was a great example from a fellow Bubbler on this at one time in the forum. Iā€™ll follow up with via PM as soon as I find that! Thanks again, Zachary!

1 Like

@fayewatson This looks like exactly what I need!! Iā€™m so happy to have found it! One question - is there a way to add and edit profile fields, and possibly allow searching members for keywords. For example, if someone puts in their profile that they want to chat about certain topics, eg. ā€œemail marketingā€, then someone else would search for members who can discuss ā€œemail marketingā€ and thus connect. I hope Iā€™m being clear! :slight_smile: Is that already possible?
(Iā€™m new to bubble and templatesā€¦)

Merci!

2 Likes

@fayewatson Is this template compatible with OpenBuild components? e.g. like this template is.

If not, will it be shortly?

Context: I would like to build a covid-19 app, as soon as possible, using compatible components.