Showing a PopUp for passive Users

Hey,

I am looking for an option to show a Popup on the page when the user is passive - meaning if the user did not conduct any action after a certain time, neither scrolling nor clicking on anything, I want to show him a Popup giving him the option to start a chat with an agent.

Is there a possibility for that, which I did not see yet?

Thanks in advance.

@moritz, welcome to Bubble! There are a couple of ways of going about doing this. Within Bubble, there are a few ways of inferring if the user is inactive (either using total time on page or scrolling position - or a combination of the two).

I have a lesson on LearnTo on how to make a popup appear under certain conditions. Here’s a direct link to the video.

Ultimately, you may want to have the validation happen from a few standpoints, but it’s good not to end up bombarding the user unintentionally. (Ie. trigger showing the popup based on scrolling position and inactivity on the page). So, when you set up a “Do when condition is true” workflow, it’s best to leave this set as “just once” (per page load). Otherwise, it will happen every time.

As for showing a popup after a specific period of time, you can use a “When page is loaded” workflow, then use a “Add pause before next action” (with a predetermined time duration) followed by a “Show popup” action.

Dan (creator of LearnTo - 15+ hours of Bubble tutorials and live coaching)

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

1 Like

Also, I just saw two plugins of potential interest mentioned by a @sridharan.s in another post.

Perfect - I just found the same as well! That is exactly what I was looking for.