Showing only unique values in a repeating goup

Any ideas on how to show only unique values (Dynamic Data) in a repeating group? Any help would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Add the modifier “: unique elements” at the end of your repeating group’s data source.

E.g. Search for Menu’s Ingredients :unique elements

1 Like

Thank you. I tried that before and it wasn’t working. I will try it again to see if I can get it to work. :slight_smile:

Can you do a simple example that you can show me? It is still not working for me. I might be doing something wrong.

Maybe if you shared a link, I may be able to help a little more for your specific case.

I’m not sure how you do that… I’m new. :slight_smile:

Sure thing. Open up your editor and copy the URL that’s in the address bar. Paste that in here.

Make sure your app is set to Public by going to Settings > General.

Hi,

Continuing with the example of the ingredients above, if I had 4 ingredients with the same name and I wanted only to display one of them in the repeating group, what could I do?

Summarizing, I just want to show one item of all the items that have the same name

1 Like

Hey @pachocastillosr :wave:

So in that example, if you have a text list, using :unique elements will work.

However, if you have a list of things as a dataType, then using grouped by can usually solve the issue. Just group it by ingredients name. Unique elements wouldn’t work if it’s a dataType because each thing IS unique. Each has its own unique identifier.

Does that make sense?

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

2 Likes

Thanks! I needed it for a list of things, grouping made the trick

1 Like

@pachocastillosr Awesome! Glad that helped. :blush: