'Shrink element height when text gets shorter' doesn't work

Hi all, I’m creating a Q&A mobile app somewhat similar to Quora. Link: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=index&id=parentgenieapp&tab=tabs-1 (please preview the app then resize your browser window to the same size as a mobile screen)

I’ve set the app to ‘Everyone can edit’ - but please be very careful if you experiment with any edits!

I want to show ~5 lines for each question and cut off the rest. However as you can see there are a few questions that are less than 5 lines long (e.g. the 3rd question, or the last question), but the text element isn’t shrinking in height, leaving gaping white gaps between those questions and their answers.

I’ve already checked ‘Shrink element height when text gets shorter’. Am I do something wrong here, or is this a bug?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

I just tried it too and if you have both the cut off content and shrink element checked it doesn’t seem to shrink. When I had only the shrink element check it worked. What you could is make the text element height only about 2 lines high in the editor then use the :truncated to 100, or whatever number of characters it takes to get 5 lines.

Hope this helps you.
Lester

That makes sense. Thanks a lot for your help @lester!

1 Like