Sick of OAuth? Want to use JSON web tokens with your Google Services and never need to signin again?

Google Service Accounts

If your requiring/wanting a Google service account in your app and are unable to do so, I provide a service to set them up.

What is a Service Account?

A service account is an account that belongs to your application instead of to an individual end user. Your application calls Google APIs on behalf of the service account, so users aren’t directly involved. This scenario is sometimes called “two-legged OAuth,” or “2LO.” (The related term “three-legged OAuth” refers to scenarios in which your application calls Google APIs on behalf of end users, and in which user consent is sometimes required.)

Typically, an application uses a service account when the application uses Google APIs to work with its own data rather than a user’s data. For example, an application that uses Google Cloud Datastore for data persistence would use a service account to authenticate its calls to the Google Cloud Datastore API.

G Suite domain administrators can also grant service accounts domain-wide authority to access user data on behalf of users in the domain.

A service account has its own Drive, Calendar, Sheets, Docs, Maps and so on that become your apps but because its Bubble, you can use bubble to section permissions effectively making these services File Typed Databases that have powerful features and fast but also secure and reliable services.

Please PM for more information if your interested.

2 Likes

Need a JSON Web Token for you project?

Here is an easier way - GO!

@jarrad I followed your instructions, and pasted the json private key in the header. How do I set up an API Call from here? Don’t I have to get an access token to be able to call the API?

By pasted the private key in the header you mean you have followed this?

Correct :slight_smile:

So all you need to is make sure your required api’s are turned on in the Google Cloud Platform, then start setting up calls.

When your setting calls up keep in mind that the auth is now taken care of so dont include any auth headers or api keys.

Ok, I got it to work, thanks! Looks like I missed a “-” at the end of the key.

Hello @jarrad the link is broken, i’ve a 404 error. I want to see how you configure a JSON web token, I’m trying to do it to be able to create new user in my google organisation through Google admin SDK;

Thanks

The service is available directly here.

1 Like

@jarrad
I recently paid the $20 for your service and it seems to have worked wonderfully.

I am using the API Connector and I am trying to duplicate a google sheet that I have on my account.

initially i kept getting a file not found error. I shared the sheet with the service account email, and now it seems to be working. I can initiate the call and I get back a new fileID.

Problem is that I cannot access the file. When I put the file ID in the URL i get an error to request permission. When I do a get file call using the api connector i get a file not found error.

How can I make the Service account create a file and share it or change the owner?