Sql connector and variables

Yes, that’s right.

The problem with bubble is that it does not see the fields returned by the procedure. that’s why we first “select” the fields that should be the result of the returned procedure.

We also hope that someday this problem will be fixed.

Hi,

Goal = get the OUT parameters from MySQL stored procedures.

I did the trick inSQL connector (select a,b,c then run it and then replace by call of my procedure)
@emmanuel stored procedures remain a great way to handle data efficently and securely, It would be great to be able to use all functionnalities in Bubble via the connector !!

1/ where do i get back returned values in bubble ?
2/ I have an error saying :
OUT or INOUT argument 2 for routine mydatabase.ps_test2 is not a variable or NEW pseudo-variable in BEFORE trigger

Thanks !

1 Like

Are we able to read AND write with this plugin?

Yes, so long as its a valid query, with the various limitations and a few bugs features :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sorry to reopen an old topic, but I’ve searched around and it looks like stored procedure calls in SQL Connector still has a bug preventing a result set from being returned. Is a bug fix ever going to be implemented here? I heard @emmanuel was looking at the inquiry a few years ago, but can’t find anything since then.

Thanks to all who might have info on this.
Taylor

I get mine perfectly from an Azure instance though I think a 1000 record limit applies. You need to be 100% sure your SP is written properly and the data types in bubble is properly configured.

@Bubble I am still now facing this Bug in Stored procedures returning values, Is there any fix to this from Bubble’s Side or we will have to use the workaround mentioned in the above?

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences.
It worked for me using the workaround suggested by @victoriys2005 . Now I can provide a better experience for my users.

However, it would be nice to have a robust solution for this.