Stripe Guide (Bubble integrations and w/ API Connector)

Hey @natedogg, I bought the guide last night - very helpful. I just had a question around subscriptions. Is there a way to make it so when the users subscription transitions from active to unpaid the bubble database will automatically update values?

Example is the user has access to ‘premium’ features and their limits on posting things for sale is increased whilst subscribed (when they successfully subscribe the database changes several values), and when the user cancels their subscription the workflow will revert them back to non-premium and update several values in the database.

However doing it this way raises an issue in that if the users payment falls through on their subscription on the second month for instance their status will no longer be premium and values in the database will need to be updated - but there is no workflow to do that.

Hey @markf,

Check out Video 3: Handling Subscriptions, right around 9:15, where I start talking about subscription statuses.

You can use the same conditional statement from around the the 11:00 mark to limit a user’s access to a page based on if their subscription is active or not.

If you have any trouble setting it up, feel free to contact me directly from the contact box on the page, or shoot an email to support@codelessacademy.com.

Hey @correa.steven, happy to answer:

1. Dwolla has an API that you can use with Bubble. You have to get a little creative to integrate it, as certain things happen such as needing to refresh a new access token every hour. You can test out the API in their sandbox environment.

2. Stripe is definitely cheaper to start, while Dwolla would be much cheaper at scale. I don’t think I can comment on what we currently pay, but I definitely know that we’ll save money in the long run.

1 Like

Nate - Were you able to get around with creating the “recurring workflow” tutorial? This would prove useful for what I’m building. Thx!

Hey @lawrencemurry!

So Bubble of course has it’s own recurring workflow option, but I actually prefer to use Zapier.

Check out Schedule by Zapier here: https://zapier.com/zapbook/schedule/

Basically, you’d set that up as the trigger each day at a certain time, (for example 6AM) and have it POST to one of the endpoints in your API workflows to run whatever actions you need.

Keep in mind that the Schedule by Zapier feature will run based on the frequency of your Zapier account. (Paid accounts have a higher frequency.) For example, the free tier runs zaps every 15 minutes, so your 6AM time may actually be like 6:15, 6:20, etc.

Hi @natedogg,

I subscribed to your last course about stripe and bubble but i had some issues…
These issues are about charging a customer, in fact when the customer click on pay and enter his credit card number, stripe show me a message “your credit card was authorized successfully, but not charged yet”.
If i compare with your lesson i think something went wrong but i cannot say what.

In the ideal situation the user is charged immediately, the amount is paid to an other customer and i take a fee… But i think, because of this “you credit card has been successfully authorized but not charged yet” nothing happens in my stripe dashboard, 0 collected fees and no connected transfers…

If you could help me on this one it would be very nice.

Hi @natedogg,

Thanks for offering these valuable courses. I just purchased this course on your site, and my card was charged, but I can’t seem to find out how to access it. Can you look into it from your end? I was charged on August 8th, 2018…

Thanks!

Hi @natedogg ,

Your course cover something like : “Allow users to accept payments from each other, and you take a fee. (Marketplace style application)”

But, your proposal allows to set up custom connected accounts? ( For example, one order (one transfert) with several stores, subject to different fees ? )( or the possibility of creating transfer groups ? )

I search to set up Stripe connect with custom accounts.

Hello mate, do you know if that is possible with stripe.js plugin? Plus can you show me some examples of good ui/ux for registering the user as a seller. What I mean is like insted of just a button that takes you to stripe a well designed ui to create trustwortiness for the user