Sub Apps Clarification

Hello, I need some clarification regarding sub-apps.

1. Does a sub-app have all the functionality of an app including domain, SEO & metatags, sendgrid key etc. ?
  2. Is the database of a sub-app kept untouched when deploying from main-app ?
  3. Can each sub-app use a different Stripe subscription plan ? (I need to make the Stripe subscription price variable per sub-app)
  4. Can each sub-app use a different google analytics account ?
  5. Can each sub-app use a different mailchimp account ?

Thanks,
M

It’s nice all the answers you got. :frowning:

Hey Mano, did you ever figure out the answers to these questions? I’m wondering exactly the same things

Any one has any updates on this? Or can explain how sub apps work?

1 Like

Hi allan,

I use sub apps but I’m moving away from it.

Here are the answers for the questions in 2017 :wink:

1. Does a sub-app have all the functionality of an app including domain, SEO & metatags, sendgrid key etc. ?

yes - as long as you pay for an additional plan. My main app is on the team plan (legacy) and the sub apps are all on the personal plan (legacy). This means that you are limited if you want to work on certain workflows which are only available in professional plans and above.

1. Is the database of a sub-app kept untouched when deploying from main-app ?

yes, it’s completely separate. the only thing that it’s copied over are the options sets.

1. Can each sub-app use a different Stripe subscription plan ? (I need to make the Stripe subscription price variable per sub-app)

Not sure about this one but as along as the sub plan is dynamic you can change it on each app.

1. Can each sub-app use a different google analytics account ?

yes

1. Can each sub-app use a different mailchimp account ?

yes, as long as you make the mailchimp account dynamic. You need to fetch the data from a field in the database.

1 Like

Thank you @steve5. Really helpful! May I ask you why you are moving away from it? I am still trying to identify if this is what I need in terms of having separate instances or sub-apps to network sites with one build. If you were to compare Bubble to Wordpress, is sub-apps like multi-sites? I guess what I am looking for is the ability to have one theme (build) to maintain but sub sites could have their own content and domain.

Thanks again!

Hi @allan

I’m moving away because it doesn’t make sense economically. You still have to pay for the sub apps individually and the performance is much better on the main app anyway. Prefer to upgrade the main app rather than paying for the sub apps. Once you reach a certain amount of sub apps you might as well have a dedicated space.

One last thing is if you wish to include paid plugins you will need to pay for each plugin in every sub app.

1 Like