Take a picture input?

i know there is a pic uploader but i wish there was a take a picture input. it would work the same except use the camera on your device. bubble gives a similar function to ziggeo’s video camera function but there should be a take a picture input, rather than picture uploader.

This type of feature probably makes more sense when they start to focus on mobile support for Bubble. At this point, the focus is primarily on web, so maybe expect a photo taker to come down the road. It might also be an option for someone to build as a plugin, but I don’t have much experience in that world yet.

2 Likes

yeah, i hope so, as i am trying to build a social media app on here.

i wish someone could build the plugin. i would, but i am not sure how to build one, since I dont know code. it would probably be simply asking the external camera of the current user’s device to take a photo. i think this could be useful for non mobile as well since most laptops and desktops have cameras now.

1 Like

I need this urgent please

I just tried with the regular picture uploader and you can take pictures with it from the browser, it worked with the iOS and Android.

1 Like

how did you get it to work with ios? do you mean you went on bubble through your iphone or did you have one of those mobile app wrapper/packagers for ios like gonative and then tried the picture uploader?

the last time i tried gonative and the picture uploader, i was able to use the camera on android, but it didnt let me do it for ios, it would only let me choose a picture from a file already saved. but then again, i havent tried it on an actual iphone, only the gonative iphone emulator for previewing my app.

I just did it through the browser. It wasn’t a native app.

1 Like