This is a hard one

This is a hard one, but this community has been amazing and I want to see if anyone has an idea. I’ll try to be as concise as possible. I’m building an evaluation tool for evaluating teachers. Each state has their own set of questions/statements when evaluating teachers.

The Problem(s):

1. I want to display the questions on the left and have the response options dynamically appear on the right. Right now I had to create two different repeating groups and that makes it difficult to keep things aligned if the right or left side expands due to more text. (Data Info: The question data type is used in 3 different types of evaluation tools)
  2. Right now it seems like I will have to create 50 different containers for each state and that would be labor intensive. Is there a better way of approaching it?

Form Example:

Question Data Layout:

Summative Data Type Example:

I would think about using one parent repeating group for “Questions,” then nesting a 2nd repeating group inside the row that’s covers your responses.

Could you share a photo showing how you have the specific repeating groups set up?

1 Like

Interesting. If I nested the 2nd repeating group, how would I identify the response location once the data is stored in “Summative Response”. I’m including some images. Right now I just did one repeating group since I couldn’t figure out how to direct the repeating group response to a specific summative response location when submitted.

Meant to also mention…that “Informal Observation” is the same as “Summative response” . Just a different category.

My assumption was each Question would have an associated Summative Response, so the 2nd repeating group would just reference “Current Cell’s Question’s Summative Response.”