Time Slot #s - Nearly There?

Hi All,

I’m working on an app that lets businesses manage their own individual calendars (Full Calendar). Customers can also go on the app and schedule appointments with these businesses based on real-time availability.

I’m trying to show only available time slots to customers, but I end up showing all time slots :frowning: .
First I have a RG that shows search results of businesses (users). Then within this I have a RG to show the time slots each has available.

Here are the previous threads I used to get to this point - they focus on creating time slot #s and corresponding times as text.

I feel like I’m 85% of the way there, I just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong! Agh!

1. I have a data type Time Slot with 2 fields, Time Slot # (number) and time (text). I used 15 minute increments. 1 has a time of 12:00 am, 2 has a time of 12:15 am, etc.

2. I have a data type Appointment. This has a Time Slots Taken field (list, number). When someone books an appointment the time slots this takes up save to the Appointment. For ex. an appointment from 12:00 am - 12:15 am would save 1 in Time Slots Taken field. No connection to a specific date yet.

3. In Appointment, I decided to try creating a Text Date field. When someone schedules an appointment, I have an input element that is not visible, that reads the date (date) and displays it as text, formatted as a date (ex. 4/25/18). This text version of the date is saved in the Text Date field in every Appointment.

4. Each provider has a “master email” (separate field (text) from their user email) that saves in every Appointment to link it back to the business.

5. On the customer’s search results page there is again a hidden element that reads a date (date) and displays as text formatted as date (ex. 4/25/18).

This is what I have in the time slots RG:

In the Time Slots RG I created a text box to show the Time field associated with each Time Slot # from the Time Slot data type.

What am I missing? I also tried to do the Time Slot # as text instead of number and tried to use the <, > etc signs but this didn’t work either.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Wow I spent so much time overanalyzing this issue that I just realized it was a super tiny issue with my own dates not matching. I won’t delete this in case it’s helpful for someone else who needs a path to availability as this actually works!!

Sorry for making everyone read :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hey Jamie, I’m Andy a fellow time-slots journeyman.

Do you know how to set up time slot so it adjusts to required time length?

For example,
if open time slots are
08:00 - 09:00
11:00 - 13:00
17:00 - 20:00

and the appointment length is 2 hours, only
11:00 - 13:00
17:00 - 20:00

will appear as open time slot.

Any idea?