Training - application capability

Dear Bubble community

My name is Tim and I’m a very unsucssful entrepreneur at the moment with a few software failures under my belt, I was very excited to hear of such a platform as Bubble.

Bubble seem to be a great way to start to build software on my own without paying big $ and getting my fingers burnt from Freelancers like I have in the past.

I have decided to move forward with the bubble platform and make the plunge to learning the software. But before I do I would appreciate if anyone can awnser my 2 questions I have.

1. The application I’m wanting to build needs the capability for many users (administrators) to sign up to my application then add roles and responsibilities and assign users to them.
    Does Bubble have this capability to build this.

2. In my attempt to build this application I will need good training can anyone point me in the rite direction for this. I have 3 weeks holiday coming up in 2 months so keen to do some bulk learning.

I look forward to any replies.

With respect

Tim

1 Like

Hey there!

Welcome to Bubble!

To answer your questions:

1. If you are on the Team plan, then you can use sub-apps to accomplish this. When an admin wants to sign up for your service, you would create a sub-app for them. Alternatively, you could do everything under one app, however depending on the type of app you are building, this may not work. I can give you a better answer if you share the type of app you are trying to build. :slight_smile:

2. I may be a bit biased, but Brian Lowenthal Design offers coaching services that you can take advantage of if you are trying to learn the Bubble platform. You can find our Coaching service here: http://brianlowenthal.design/item/coaching

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

Hey @timgarrett111,

So glad you found Bubble! I think you’ll find that the platform will allow you to do so many powerful things on your own once you get in there and start exploring. You can absolutely create a structure that will allow user roles and permissions.

There are plenty of resources to get started:

First, Bubble’s own lesson and videos at https://bubble.io/documentation will get you familiar with the interface and core concepts.

Second, this forum. This community is incredible and I highly recommend asking all your questions here first and searching the posts. I learn the most from this forum myself because you get a variety of approaches and feedback.

Third, search the forums for a few dedicated users offering courses and guides. Just search for those terms and they’ll pop up. Some of the training there is feature-specific, while others are meant to provide key concept understanding (such as responsive design).

Fourth, check out the partners page at bubble.is/partners. @blowenthal who commented above is one as am I. Some partners offer training while others offer development services and resources.

You’re in great hands no matter where you go, and my best advice is to get in there, start building, and ask lots of questions. If you prefer to have more structured, dedicated lessons in conjunction, just raise your hand and the teachers will come :slight_smile:

Welcome again!

Gaby | Coaching Bubble

1 Like

Thankyou for the fantastic replys.

I think my best approach is to play around a bit and become familiar with platform and then hit up one of you guys for advanced advice and planning going forward.

I should be able to contact you via a PM?

1 Like

Sounds like a great plan! :slight_smile:

You can indeed contact me via PM. Thanks for asking!

This is a really good approach. As you already have a firm idea of what the “ultimate solution” will do, you can build “throwaway baby apps” that each focus on an aspect that you are learning.

Combining all the techniques of responsive layout, element interaction, plugins, API and data access gets quite complex as they affect each other, so learning one area at a time helps to ask the right questions.

Good luck!

Hello!
If you still need training you could look for a good coaching freelancer for hire here. This freelance job board is called XPlace and it has a lot of advantages for both employers and freelancers: high rates, a large number of talented people and interesting projects, and no commission fee.