Trigger elements in the header

Hi,

here’s the question:

How can i trigger something placed in the header? is there a way to do it?

The example is this: I’ve got 2 popups (registration/login popups) which are placed in the header.

I want that, in 2 pages in the website, a click on an element triggers the show of those popups. Apparently is not possible, as i can use workflows only on elements in the page, and the header is recognized to be somewhere else.

Someone have an idea?

thank you in advance

Andrea

Im pretty sure any popup is going to be in the center of the screen, not in the header itself. You can put the buttons to trigger it in the header.

Or a Group Focus on the header element

Hi, i’m afraid i haven’t been clear enought.

Is not about the position of the popup in the page. This post is all about workflows and actions, not about frontend.

Let me explain again. As you know, every element is designed inside or a page or a reusable element. In this case, this popup is designed in a reusable element, which is the header. This way, everytime someone click in the header the button ‘‘register’’, the popup with registration form appears. This is what i have, and works pretty well.

The problem occurs when i need to make this popup open not only clicking the register button in the header, but also on an element which is designed inside a specific page.

So you can understand that the trigger is clicking on a button designed in a specific page, but the action is showing an element that is not in the same page, but is in a reusable element contained inside the page.

The problem is that i can make workflows only about the elements inside the current page, but not the ones contained in the reusable element.

Is it clearer? you have any idea?

thank you again, sorry if i wasn’t clear

Thank you

Andrea

Andrea,

Create a custom event in your reusable element (header). Have that event trigger the Show Popup action.

When a reusable element is on a page, you can have a button - on the page - trigger custom events from the RE. The action is under Custom at the bottom of the actions list.

Try that out.

Gaby at Coaching No Code Apps (formerly Coaching Bubble)

Courses & Products, Tutorials, Private Coaching, and High-level Development

Start Learning Today :mortar_board:

1 Like

Hi @romanmg,

didn’t know about that function. Now works!

Thank you so much.

Andrea

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.