Update .bubble table from sql server

I would like to add data to .bubble thing when data is changed in an azure database. Is there an API I can do this with. Basically if rows are added or deleted in azure I would like to add or delete these items in my bubble app “thing” table. I am doing this for autocomplete and search returns, one table has around 7000 rows so much faster if I can have data in bubble app, other wise I have to do stuff in the UI that subqueries and returns under 200 rows.

If its Azure hosted SQL Server, from what I’ve read it can’t call out to an API the same way that locally hosted SQL Server can. So you’d likely need a trigger-fed audit table, and check it with a polling app.

Yes Bubble has Data API you can use to write to the database, the bulk create is limited to 200 rows per call.

Once you have it in Bubble, your 7000 row table won’t necessarily be faster, it’d likely be too slow to show more than a couple of hundred rows on a page, so you’d still have to implement paging of some sort. But yes, a basic paging is fairly easy with repeating groups next/previous actions.

Is there any way to use searchbox with API call to Azure?

Is this what you are talking about creating the api in Azure

Likely not, its dynamic choices look for a Bubble database type. It is possible to build one in javascript to make API calls directly.

SQL Server DB --(a. notify)–> Azure --(b. webhook)–> Bubble endpoint.

Step (a) is missing if MSSQL DB is on Azure.

What about Microsoft Flow;'s custom connectors maybe?

The docs suggest it might work, depending on what exactly you want it to do.

I suggest starting a conversation with Azure support, giving them more details about what you propose than you have here, and they should indicate if its possible and which technology to use.

I will do that, thanks for the help.

1 Like