Update database from repeating group

I have a repeating group which shows a ‘List of rooms’ under the type ‘rooms’.

This populates fine and everything is working as it should. What I’m trying to do next is when a user clicks ‘Book’ which is a button in the repeating group for it to write back to the database and update a list of yes/nos, with it saying ‘yes’ for booked - booked being a separate yes/no list.

I cannot work out how to do this, it updates the whole list changing all of them to yes or not at all. I have tried custom states, auto binding and workflows but still unable to achieve this.

If anyone could take a look it would be much appreciated.

Editor is here;

Your data source of your make change workflow isn’t constrained to the current cell (or parents) cell, that is why it is changing all of them in the list. What i believe would work much better is redefine your data fields to have booked as a single yes/no as opposed to a list of yes/nos. Then instead of having a list of rooms just have room (of single text). This will be a much easier database structure to work with. If you’re confused on how to set it up, I’ll try my best to help you.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I realised the constraints weren’t to the current cell but was going round in circles as there doesn’t appear to be any option to do that. On the design tab it’s easy enough as you have the ‘current cell’ option, on the workflow I can’t find any such option. I’m happy to put as a single yes/no but still don’t understand how to put these contraints in, so any help would be appreciated. I’m happy for you to make any changes directly, it’s only a copy of the original app I have shared.
Thanks again for your help so far

John

Hi John,

I edited your room_booking page. It should be working as desired now.

Let me know if that is what you wanted.

1 Like

It’s exactly what I wanted. Thanks very much!

Only a pleasure.

Hi John,

Is it possible for you to share your application again ? I would like to see how you do that.

Thibault

Hi,

Sorry I can’t share my app, its completely changed since this post, but if you share yours or let me know what you’re trying to achieve I might be able to help.

Hi John,
Ok I’ll improve it a little bit and send you the link. I’m too ashamed to share it in its current state of affairs !!!
I really appreciate :slight_smile:
Thibault